Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a set of clip on clamps on this site without bars nor bolts and bar sleeves so I figure since I have the MTS for longer rides I'd play with what I had and make it work. I must say that with 2.5" rise the bike is soo different from the setting with the Rizoma bar like night and day, way more work in order to steer it but way more planted and less wheelie happy IMO.
I just had to move the headlight 3/4" forward to better clear the brake hose and cables otherwise it's a winner, it dips nicely into the corners without the feeling the front end will wash out half as much as I felt it with the upper bar.
Anywho, here's some pics, now I'm working on using the bar clamp space to house a GPS, dayum!, will I ever leave it alone? :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Looks Great !!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sweet. I dig it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks Awesome! I was wondering how it would look and work with 2.5" riser clip ons? Are those the Woodcraft ones? BTW you have one of the best looking Streetfighters IMO love that exhaust!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks Awesome! I was wondering how it would look and work with 2.5" riser clip ons? Are those the Woodcraft ones? BTW you have one of the best looking Streetfighters IMO love that exhaust!
Thank you, the clip ons are Cycle Cat, I purchased the clamps on this site without hardware nor bars @ sleeves, I kinda put them together with odds and ends.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Baaaadass!...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
You will love those clip ons. I am very pleased with mine. Cool to see there are clip ons with raisers as well, makes me think I should have waited to get those. Let us know how you like them.

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
That would look so good with the original mirrors :D j/k I agree, she's lookin rootable alright.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn LaRossa, your bike is amazing! one of the all-time best custom fighters.
All your fault, you got me started with the frame painting and look what happened! :eek:

I took it out yesterday and WOW! what a difference!
It's a crossbreed between the sf and the sbk....duh!
Kidding aside, the bars sit about 2" lower than with the Rizoma bar and now they have the 7 degrees pitch so the body weight is shifted toward the front more, I had to back off the steering damper quite a bit, long rides I can't see it happen for me just like with the 1198 I had but all and all I like it. It's much more aggressive in the turns and more stable, I'll eventually change the bars with CF ones since these were only for test fitting reasons.
(I can see anyone that tracks his bike really liking this set up IMHO)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks awesome. Are you able to lock the steering with the 2.5 inch raise?...
I havn't done that once yet and I probably wouldn't know how but the steering stops didn't need any adjustments, everything is the same as stock, turning radius the same and all, the height of the bars and the riding position on them is different that's all.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Fuckin spoton LaRossa! Your steed is now perfect.

You can now come to Vancouver and do the mod on my bike for me, I will feed you and let you drive my Audi Allroad that needs a brake job. :D

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This should wrap it up!
I figure now that the clip ons are in and the steering bar is gone I had to do something to block the view of the clamp mount so this is what I cam up with, for those days that I feel like flying solo and after getting lost having to figure out a way to get back...:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am sorry to bump this thread up again, but when you made the 3/4" extension for the bottom, how did you compensate at the top? Did you fabricate clips for the two knobs on the top of the headlight assembly?

·
Registered
36 Posts
How involved was the install? Did you have to remove the upper triple in order to get those clip-on brackets over the forks? Would it be possible to get a parts list (and place of purchase) to complete the job?

Lastly, I assume the diameter of the clip-ons are same/similar to stock so you can clamp on stock brakes/clutch/mirrors?

Thanks in advance!

-Ray

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
thats the spirit man...never leave it alone!! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts