Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 12,000km my chain snapped. Luckily it flung out clear. So did my 20,000km service ahead of time
So at 12,000km here's what it has "consumed"
4 sets of rubbers (don't use Michelin PowerOne unless you LOVE wobbles while fully upright doing 130kmh and above)
2 sets of front brake pads
1 new chain
set of plugs
1 front sprocket
6 oil filters
1 airfilter

Hmmm anything else? Ha ha ha
Oh, valve clearance checked and dealer said it's as accurate as it came off production line. Awesome Ducati. Oh yeah and clutch plates are so intact (not worn more thn 30%) mechanic couldn't believe it either till I told him perhaps it's coz I go clutchless shifts up and down where possible :)

Lost my Axio carbon lookin tailbag (me doofus forgot to strap and rode off) so bought a new one. Red this time and customized it :) Extra USD10 for the stickers

And here's the latest video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rCpbIYpmnM

Do enjoy it guys :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
At 12,000km my chain snapped. Luckily it flung out clear. So did my 20,000km service ahead of time
So at 12,000km here's what it has "consumed"
4 sets of rubbers (don't use Michelin PowerOne unless you LOVE wobbles while fully upright doing 130kmh and above)
2 sets of front brake pads
1 new chain
set of plugs
1 front sprocket
6 oil filters
1 airfilter

Hmmm anything else? Ha ha ha
Oh, valve clearance checked and dealer said it's as accurate as it came off production line. Awesome Ducati. Oh yeah and clutch plates are so intact (not worn more thn 30%) mechanic couldn't believe it either till I told him perhaps it's coz I go clutchless shifts up and down where possible :)

Lost my Axio carbon lookin tailbag (me doofus forgot to strap and rode off) so bought a new one. Red this time and customized it :) Extra USD10 for the stickers

And here's the latest video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rCpbIYpmnM

Do enjoy it guys :D
Love the vid!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I know it's a lot to ask but, can you take pics of the camera mounted up in the different locations you used. I assuming "guessing" you used a GoPro.

The video is great.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
there is something really cool about that vid... excellent soundtrack choice.

I really need to learn to do wheelies like that. I still can't figure out how to wheelie after years of riding. embarassing

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sick50ford/Jeff 4510 /Johnch - Thanks :D

Mangler7 - stock 525 changed it to another 525 but somehow this brand is chunkier looking

Unfast1 - I will do that when I get the chance, however, when the setup where the front wheel is to the right of the frame was a one off setup. Rigged with gaffer tape goose neck etc using the sidestand. The rest of the setup angle is easy to shoot for you :)

ttime4four - Bike accessory shop has sticker cutting service. The ducati word and logo are original decals you can get from your dealer

Alexio - In my 16 years of hoisting, I've flipped once on my old KLR650. Shit happens and as long as you can except the possibilities of losing control on your beloved Tard then go ahead. Otherwise come to Malaysia and attend my backyard/parking lot wheelie school :) using an XT600 rigged with a flip bar with "trainer wheel" hee hee

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sick50ford/Jeff 4510 /Johnch - Thanks :D

Mangler7 - stock 525 changed it to another 525 but somehow this brand is chunkier looking

Unfast1 - I will do that when I get the chance, however, when the setup where the front wheel is to the right of the frame was a one off setup. Rigged with gaffer tape goose neck etc using the sidestand. The rest of the setup angle is easy to shoot for you :)

ttime4four - Bike accessory shop has sticker cutting service. The ducati word and logo are original decals you can get from your dealer

Alexio - In my 16 years of hoisting, I've flipped once on my old KLR650. Shit happens and as long as you can except the possibilities of losing control on your beloved Tard then go ahead. Otherwise come to Malaysia and attend my backyard/parking lot wheelie school :) using an XT600 rigged with a flip bar with "trainer wheel" hee hee

Thanks.
Looking for different places to mount my cam. The straight in view is what I am looking for. Was just curious to see it mounted on all those different views.

Would love to get some of those angles on the track.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Otherwise come to Malaysia and attend my backyard/parking lot wheelie school :) using an XT600 rigged with a flip bar with "trainer wheel" hee hee
Are you anywhere near Penang? I've been there on business and might come again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been asked to change my username by the powers that be on this site. For the record, I have A.D.D and borderline dyslexsic which is why I chose my current username. I intended no insult to anyone and apologises so to anyone i may have insulted.

I can't seem to change my username in the User CP and was warned I'd be banned from this site if I don't. I have asked him to change it for me so if it does happen cool, if not, I suggest you guys subscribe to my YouTube for updates on future videos. For this just may be my last post :cool:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have been asked to change my username by the powers that be on this site.
Wow that is PCism at just about its best IMO!!

Next they won't let me post unless I change my number plate on my bike.

Mods, don't you think this is carrying things a little far as it is not hurting anyone and no-one seems to have complained about it.

This is me ... am I still allowed?

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow that is PCism at just about its best IMO!!

Next they won't let me post unless I change my number plate on my bike.

Mods, don't you think this is carrying things a little far as it is not hurting anyone and no-one seems to have complained about it.

This is me ... am I still allowed?
Whatcha gonna change it to if you're made to? "TURD" hee hee hee.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Great Vid.. like always.... 3 month now on the tard and no real bikie before that, managed to lift the front end in first gear for about 5 to 10 meters!! :)
It is not very smart to learn on the tard but....
You should do a wheelie tutorial video specific for the Hypermotard...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great Vid.. like always.... 3 month now on the tard and no real bikie before that, managed to lift the front end in first gear for about 5 to 10 meters!! :)
It is not very smart to learn on the tard but....
You should do a wheelie tutorial video specific for the Hypermotard...
Would not suggest you do it in 1st. Too torquey and wild for the Tard. If you shut throttle completely in 1st, the engine braking will force it down even harder (ohh poor front forks :) )Just roll off from stationary in 1st till about 15kmh, get into 2nd and pop the clutch (don;t feather)

Have fun and please have all protective gears on and include a back protector.

P/s This is from my teaching experience, if you happen to mess up big time and land sideways. PLEASE KEEP FEET ON THE PEGS. Do not try and put you feet down to "save" it. You'll bust your knee caps.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks for the directions, but when I got into second how far should I be reving the rpm before a pop the clutch?
The way I was doing it is the off throttle on throttle without clutch action, and landing the front was very smooth as till now I didn't have to shut the throttle to bring the front end down . ( I guess didn't reach that point yet, I am being very conservative.. :) )

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have never really looked at the rpm when hoisting. Too busy making sure the road is clear. Ha ha ha. I'd say about 5k rpm. Tell you what, I'll try and shoot a video today. Helmet mount downward and hopwfully you'll get to see the whole throttle clutch combo :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts