Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning at 4:30 AM, for absolutely NO reason. There was no noise, no alarm, just at 4:30 my brain "clicked" (I heard it) and I was up. Today was supposed to be the first triple digit temp day in Phoenix so I decided a quick trip up to Yarnell Hill outside of Wickenburg would be the best way to make lemons out of lemonade (the lemons being waking up at 4:30 and 100 degrees in April).

It's about an hour and half ride to get to Yarnell from my house, if you stay close to the posted speed limits, which I try to do. The weather was awesome, it was 71 degrees when I left my house and it was about 68 degrees at the base of Yarnell Hill.

Anyway, I brought along my GoPro and recorded my two trips up/down the hill. I thought some of you might be interested to watch. It's just the raw video, no editing, no music so it might be boring for some of you. For me though, it reminds me of the awesome morning I had, in spite of early rising and hot temps.

Here are the vids:

Speaking of not edited, you may notice a fair bit of "jelloing" in the video. Some say this is a deficiency of the GoPro. I say that it's because I'm just going so fast, I'm causing ripples in space-time. :p

·
Registered
762 Posts
if you stay close to the posted speed limits, which I try to do.
Definitely a fun ride, but pick up the pace a bit for some more fun. Just saying, I hit those corners at 80-90 on my Monster. If you ride it often, you'll know the 2 or 3 spots the DPS likes to sit at. And there are more great fast corners further up the road past the little town you made your U-turn at. It definitely would've been worth it to make a single run all the way up and down versus two short runs each way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts