Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want it all...the retro style but the performance too..

I have a customer with an amazingly clean 07 Sport 1000. DP cams..TPO beast and Staintune bi posto...1800 miles... wants a dry clutch conversion. To the best of my knowledge..a couple seals and a new case side...Actually, the primary gears need swapped too.

NOT TRUE AT ALL!

The wet clutch ds1000 engine's drive shaft is 15mm shorter than the dry version...IN FACT...its the same drive shaft as an 848. We were planning a Dukabike slipper, clutch venting on the case cover and all.

WHAT AN EFFIN train wreck! The only way we got it to work was the recently released dry clutch conversion for the 848 evo. Which actually is a bargain considering its $1600.00 and includes the slipper (hub and basket), clutch pack, primary gears, case side, seals, and even a clutch cover. We still needed to machine down the rod 2/10 of a mm because the needle bearing inside the drive shaft was too tight straight from Ducati.

Just figured I'd share that with all you guys with wet clutches who have aspirations for clatter!

Obviously we used our custom vented cover (thanks FAST FRANK) and a Speedymoto clutch cover...

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
We want it all...the retro style but the performance too..

I have a customer with an amazingly clean 07 Sport 1000. DP cams..TPO beast and Staintune bi posto...1800 miles... wants a dry clutch conversion. To the best of my knowledge..a couple seals and a new case side...Actually, the primary gears need swapped too.

NOT TRUE AT ALL!

The wet clutch ds1000 engine's drive shaft is 15mm shorter than the dry version...IN FACT...its the same drive shaft as an 848. We were planning a Dukabike slipper, clutch venting on the case cover and all.

WHAT AN EFFIN train wreck! The only way we got it to work was the recently released dry clutch conversion for the 848 evo. Which actually is a bargain considering its $1600.00 and includes the slipper (hub and basket), clutch pack, primary gears, case side, seals, and even a clutch cover. We still needed to machine down the rod 2/10 of a mm because the needle bearing inside the drive shaft was too tight straight from Ducati.

Just figured I'd share that with all you guys with wet clutches who have aspirations for clatter!

Obviously we used our custom vented cover (thanks FAST FRANK) and a Speedymoto clutch cover...
I found it easy :rolleyes:. Took the complete clutch & drive assy cover to cover from an 06 dry clutch ...removed the spring on the sprocket side of the case that regulates oil flow to the wet clutch and put a bolt on top of the ball to hold it tight to the case and keep oil out of the dry clutch.

Done

Muzz

·
301 Posts
It's an expensive process without the 848 conversion kit.:(
We are about to do it to our race bike. The plus side is, once you change the shaft, you can use any of the aftermarket (high quality) ducati slipper units.:)

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts