Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled
284 Posts
Mint it is! I must not have seen daylight! The bolts show very little if any corrosion, the plastic is new, the fuel gauge works???!!! 22 yrs old.

·
Registered
Ducati ST4 1999
16 Posts
Mint it is! I must not have seen daylight! The bolts show very little if any corrosion, the plastic is new, the fuel gauge works???!!! 22 yrs old.
Everything works as should.
And no bolt shows any corrosion. All still as from factory.
I really think it was living room kept by it's previous owner.

Reactions: motoman2

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled
284 Posts
I believe it. Its exactly what I was going to say. Probably looks newer than previous owner too! 😂

·
Registered
Ducati ST4 1999
16 Posts
I believe it. Its exactly what I was going to say. Probably looks newer than previous owner too! 😂
It sure looks newer than it's current owner 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: motoman2

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’ll bite.. 2009 Monster 1100S. It’s not pretty but it’s mine.
Grew up watching dad ride his ‘92 750SS and it was the bike street bike I ever rode. I refer to this bike as my unicorn. It was a bike I would dream over in my free periods in high school… and Chemistry .. and Physics. “The good ole days” of high school past and I finally got a decent job and began my search shortly after my first pay check. Found some used red and black ones I was going to have shipped back to Maine. But then.. a generic brochure photos of a 2009 Monster 1100S (Red) appeared in a Dealership closer to home that had a description of “Brand New.” I immediately called and they said that a Ducati dealer was going out of business and through internal dealership “bidding” they “won” a bunch of old/new stock and they had not received the bike yet. Photos finally went up on the website and it was white.. my Unicorn. Brand new, but 8 years aged now. I called again, it was already under deposit.. just about cried. Days later the dealership called and said the guy backed out and it was my turn. I was in Ohio (for work) Wired them a bunch of money to hold it. After running around the country and three months later. My unicorn landed to my doorsteps with 0.7 miles and the original certificate of origin with my name on it..
I can’t remember all the mods but;
Woodcraft clip ones
Speedymoto top triple
CRG carbon levers
1100 Evo headers
1200 slip on
Rizoma Reaesets
Rizoma Turn Signals
Dry clutch cover/plate
Lots of thing done, half done, still to do. Pretty much a tinker toy right now with the hyper950SP in the stable now, but I do take her out every now and again and smile every time
Etc etc.
She isn’t pretty but she’s mine

The day I got her 3/25/17

Attachments

·
Registered
Ducati ST4 1999
16 Posts

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,293 Posts
I’ll bite.. 2009 Monster 1100S. It’s not pretty but it’s mine.
Grew up watching dad ride his ‘92 750SS and it was the bike street bike I ever rode. I refer to this bike as my unicorn. It was a bike I would dream over in my free periods in high school… and Chemistry .. and Physics. “The good ole days” of high school past and I finally got a decent job and began my search shortly after my first pay check. Found some used red and black ones I was going to have shipped back to Maine. But then.. a generic brochure photos of a 2009 Monster 1100S (Red) appeared in a Dealership closer to home that had a description of “Brand New.” I immediately called and they said that a Ducati dealer was going out of business and through internal dealership “bidding” they “won” a bunch of old/new stock and they had not received the bike yet. Photos finally went up on the website and it was white.. my Unicorn. Brand new, but 8 years aged now. I called again, it was already under deposit.. just about cried. Days later the dealership called and said the guy backed out and it was my turn. I was in Ohio (for work) Wired them a bunch of money to hold it. After running around the country and three months later. My unicorn landed to my doorsteps with 0.7 miles and the original certificate of origin with my name on it..
I can’t remember all the mods but;
Woodcraft clip ones
Speedymoto top triple
CRG carbon levers
1100 Evo headers
1200 slip on
Rizoma Reaesets
Rizoma Turn Signals
Dry clutch cover/plate
Lots of thing done, half done, still to do. Pretty much a tinker toy right now with the hyper950SP in the stable now, but I do take her out every now and again and smile every time
Etc etc.
She isn’t pretty but she’s mine View attachment 1013330 View attachment 1013331 View attachment 1013332
The day I got her 3/25/17
View attachment 1013334
Nice story!

·
Registered
2001 S4, 2000 750ie Sport
748 Posts
More Info , C
Just where my vote went.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts