Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

July 4th weekend ride?

811 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  JT992 
#1 ·
greetings all,

Can we see a show of hands for who wants to ride this weekend? Let's look at the weather picture and see what may deter us from staying dry!

We can start from I-44 and Lindbergh if you like . . .

chow
Fred

#6 ·
July 5th ride - no rain forecast

Hey all,

Looks like Sunday is going to be the day to ride this weekend. Everyone who doesn't have anything better to do will be riding Sunday at 9 a.m. from the Shell station on Lindbergh just south of Interstate 44. Three or four hours, no particular place to go, curves and such.

chow
Fred

#7 ·
I'd go Fred

But lost my transmission about 3/4 the way down pikes peak. Took to dealer yesturday morning. They found a shift arm stop bent. Said there was a new upgrade part on its way from Ducati......................Maybe next week. Wish they would have put the new upgraded part on before I left for colorado.

#11 ·
july 5th ride

hey all,

Only Vito and I went for a ride. My charging light came on during the trip to the Shell station, so Vito followed me home and I fired up my wife's Suzuki Bandit 600. Rode to Washington, MO and back with mostly rain misting off and on. Sorted out the cause of the charging light being on the next day.
Missed seeing the rest of you guys.

Fred

#12 ·
I can understand the low turnout with the holiday weekend, but that stinks about the battery light coming on. What was the problem? Good thing you had an extra bike so you didn't get all geared up for nothing either! besides the battery light it sounds like you guys had a safe ride at least. A safe ride is a good ride, especially in the mist/rain.

#13 ·
Don't know yet if I am.

Going to get a call from the Duc dealer yet about my bike being done and ready for pickup. I hope tommorow. Then friday morning I will charge on up and pick it up. I'll be glad when they get the bugs worked out of this bike...If it keeps this up I will be getting something else for the corners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.