Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BrianMac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited the Ducati factory in 2010, saw the passion and engineering excellence that abounds in that place, and decided then and there that I would one day own a Ducati.
This week I bought a 2011 Multistrada 1200s Touring, in white. I keep discovering design and engineering features
that amaze and delight.
I picked the bike up after work hours and had to ride 1 1/2 hours including a savage summer electrical storm. It was a memorable first ride as owner. The bike was solid smooth and confidence inspiring under the circumstances.

My son has owned a Ducati Hypermotard for years and loves it.
Now my own journey begins.
I've had around 20-25 bikes, started off with dirt, motor cross / enduro. Then went to sports bikes supermotard and now a sports tourer. I do like to hoist the front wheel on occasion ( as an expression of the freedom and joy of riding) so I will have to get some advice on setting my bike up for this in Sport mode.:|
I ride with my two adult sons and we are linked with Scala Rider headsets.

NB. I live on the East Coast of Australia (Newcastle)
and would be interested in group rides?

·
Super Moderator
5,079 Posts
Welcome to the forum BrianMac!

Lot's of info on this forum...you should be able to fine tune your bike in no time.

Can you add your location to your user profile (User CP)? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
G'day Brian, welcome aboard.

The President owns a Restaurant at Muswellbrook.

Craig

You're shitting me Craig! I have probably met him and not realized it! I spend nearly as much time in M'Brook as Sydney but rarely with the bike. I know a few Duc owners from up there. I better get on the program. Thanks for the heads up!

And welcome to you Brian!

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
You're shitting me Craig! I have probably met him and not realized it! I spend nearly as much time in M'Brook as Sydney but rarely with the bike. I know a few Duc owners from up there. I better get on the program. Thanks for the heads up!

And welcome to you Brian!

I had lunch with him two Wednesdays back. How far up the valley do you come?

Craig

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My Family are in Muswellbrook but my Sister has a place out near Gunnedah that she is moving back to next year as she has been in Canberra for a bit and I have a friend in Uralla. I have been trying to get my arse up your way for ages.

I always have stuff I need to drag up to Muswellbrook for my Mum so the bike is not the go for that but I rode it up there last year via Orange and Bylong Valley and back to Sydney via Putty Road. Would have been great but a fuel line in the tank was starting to split so the bike got gradually worse so the Putty wasn't near as much fun as it should have been.

Next year it looks like I'm spending a lot more time in Australia so I'm really looking forward to riding more here and my other bikes are coming "home" so I might even leave one up there so I can ride even if I need to cage up there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts