Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this guy just a numb nut or what? At the Mid-Ohio Superbike race he was almost dead last and was being caught by the leaders who were in a great battle (Yates and Hayes). The other riders pulled over for the leaders to come through but not ole' JRP. First Hayes passed him, then Yates, then Mladin, then all the other leaders and not once did he get off the racing line or even look over his shoulder. He pretty much screwed any chance of Yates winning the race. If you ask me, his license should be pulled.

·
Premium Member
8,749 Posts
At least suspended. What a fool, I'm sure the blue backmarker flags were flying.

·
Registered
457 Posts
By his side of the story, he was following what was outlined in the rulebook. Whatever the case, I still don't believe he deserved this:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
By his side of the story, he was following what was outlined in the rulebook. Whatever the case, I still don't believe he deserved this:

I'm not sure that that is in context as the beginning of the conversation seems to be missing. It does seem a bit harsh though, but it also occurred in private (although abviously someone was watching). If I were JRP I would have walked out.

BUT...According to RRW he only did part:
Section 7: Race Rules And Procedures 7.14 Flags / Lights vii. Blue Flag: Indicates to a rider that they are about to be overtaken. Riders are advised to keep their line and allow the faster rider to pass. Riders disregarding this flag may be blackflagged at the discretion of AMA Pro Racing."

He may of held his line, but he did not allow the faster riders to pass. What I am surprised about is that Aaron Yates, a known hot-head, didn't put him on his ass by stuffing him into a corner.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just find it odd that DMG claims that they changed the rules to allow the privateers to compete, then tell one of them that they aren't "it" and that they are "ruining the show." If they don't want them on the track because they aren't "the show" then why in hell did they completely rewrite all the rules? I really don't want to start yet another DMG discussion, but damn this is just stupid.

Also troubling is that the technical inspector is telling him that if someone else doesn't do anything about it, he won't have a bike to ride. Basically failing his bike from tech inspection just because he doesn't want to see him on the track. That's a big crock of shit. Last time I checked it wasn't the tech inspector's job to dispense punishment for on-track incidents.

I don't know Johnny, but I feel like he got a bit of a raw deal here. I mean, as far as I'm concerned he's still entitled to ride his race. Races have been getting decided by lapped traffic since the beginning, and Yates should be experienced enough to deal with it. I can understand if Johnny intentionally blocked him, but from what I heard that is not what happened, only "he failed to get out of the way." This seems just like the situation at Daytona a few years ago when Yates rammed Fania from behind and everybody blamed Fania for "being in the way." I mean, if you want only factory teams out there, then by all means ban the privateers, don't encourage them to come out and race.

My $2.02

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Page did nothing wrong.It is the responsibility of the rider doing the passing to get around what ever is in front of him. Page held his line and probably was aware of his surroundings. The fact that there was a battle for the lead was really not his concern,he was going as fast as he could and using the track he needed to do so.He paid his entry fee and qualified to race,unlike those who are calling for his head.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I'm so confused about this... Mladin and the rest of the blokes should have had no problem passing Johnny, if he really is that slow. I didn't see the race, but I doubt Johnny was fighting with them down the straight and out-braking them in corner 1 to hold them off. He was doing exactly what the rule book says and he was probably confused seeing the first pass and should have at least slowed down. Needless to say, did he spoil the show? Eh, maybe... but then again, thats racing!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I just watched that part of the race again. Actually looked like normal racing to me. Something else must have been up Ludington's ass.

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
I'm not sure that that is in context as the beginning of the conversation seems to be missing. It does seem a bit harsh though, but it also occurred in private (although abviously someone was watching). If I were JRP I would have walked out.

BUT...According to RRW he only did part:
Section 7: Race Rules And Procedures 7.14 Flags / Lights vii. Blue Flag: Indicates to a rider that they are about to be overtaken. Riders are advised to keep their line and allow the faster rider to pass. Riders disregarding this flag may be blackflagged at the discretion of AMA Pro Racing."

He may of held his line, but he did not allow the faster riders to pass. What I am surprised about is that Aaron Yates, a known hot-head, didn't put him on his ass by stuffing him into a corner.
I would love to hear Aarons take on the incident.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I haven't watched the race yet but I'm inclined to side with JRP on this one. I'm sure Luddington was set-up. Nobody mic's themselves and brings a friend with a camcorder unless they're trying to make a point, but Luddington comes off like an ass. Maybe it's time for the series to die and the manufacturers or the MIC to start their own?

I'm sick of DMG's stupidity anyway with the pace cars, mandatory pit stops after a crash, favoring Buell, etc...

What's next... oval racing? Idiots.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The problem with what JRP did wasn't holding his line, it was when Hayes passed him, he tried to follow Hayes' line. So instead of holding his line in one corner and Yates passing him in the next, he tried to hang on to Hayes and blocked Yates for probably half a lap.

Now the rules are very specific, hold your line AND allow the faster rider to pass. It is the second part of that blue flag rule that Page failed to follow.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I did not see the race, but if in fact he did try and follow Hayes while still under blue flag he is 100% at fault for holding up Aaron Yates. This guy makes alot of noise for a millionaire back marker, and seems more interested in giving AMA Superbike racing a WWE spin than actually helping the sport. The fact that he supported the DMG transition initially thinking that money would trickle over from nascar, shows that he might be legally retarded.

·
comrade moderator
27,337 Posts
I did not see the race...

...yet you have an opinion and went straight to name calling. Nice job.

RCRob, were you on JRP'S bike? How do you know what line he chose or whether he changed lines? Mid-O has lots of corners and very few lines. They caught him at a bad place...that's all.

Buncha armchair quarterbacks...JRP has been doing this racing thing for a long time and is a fast, smart rider. Faster than anybody postig here, thats for damn sure, and deserves a ton more respect than he seems to get. He is a DMG dream what with the promotion and show he brings to the table and they treat him like this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
JRP was totaly trying to race with Hayes and blew Yates chance at a pass. Watch World Superbikes when someone is getting lapped they get out of the way of the faster riders so they can pass. JRP should hold his line in the turns and on the straights pulled off the line and made for an easy pass instead of Hayes almost highsiding around him.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
...yet you have an opinion and went straight to name calling. Nice job.

RCRob, were you on JRP'S bike? How do you know what line he chose or whether he changed lines? Mid-O has lots of corners and very few lines. They caught him at a bad place...that's all.

Buncha armchair quarterbacks...JRP has been doing this racing thing for a long time and is a fast, smart rider. Faster than anybody postig here, thats for damn sure, and deserves a ton more respect than he seems to get. He is a DMG dream what with the promotion and show he brings to the table and they treat him like this?
All JRP had to do was put out a foot to indicate which side to pass and roll off the throttle. I watched the race and JRP for sure held up Yates. What's worse is that there was no one around him, so he wasn't in a race for position. JRP's actions are a discredit to all the other backmarkers that did the right thing and simply let the leaders pass. Stop trying to make a hero out of him, he used poor judgement plain and simple.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Great thread here:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=222059

Some quotes
"Great!

He intentionally effected the outcome of the race because he wanted to show up on TV.....I think the AMA is doing the right thing. "
"Looked like it was not giving way to anyone. He was holding up everyone that was lapping him. Was it JRP (should be changed to MRB for Moving Road Block) that gave Pegram the chance to move past Young?"
"When they first started showing him there was a rider on the left of the screen in the grass to get out of the way.

He had plenty of time to get out of the way and was not racing with anyone and did not. The guy messed up and is subject to what ever punishment he gets it might be harsh but if you do some thing dumb you don't get to choose your punishment"
"I could almost give him a pass when Hayes and Yates came through but when he kept getting in the mix as the rest came through it was really obvious he was just trying to get some face time. He's probably really lucky that he didnt end up in the dirt."
"You could say that he didn't see the blue flag but when Josh went by, he should have gotten out of the way. Moreover, he should have then made a conscious effort to stay out of the way of the battle for 3rd. I think more than anything he did to interfere with Josh or Aaron, what he did to mix it up with Mladin, Blake and B-Boz is what got him in hot water."
"I was expecting a drop kick on he who has been named too much already. How awesome would that have been? Whats his face giving a statement about how he did the right thing when a set of boots come flying into his chest from off camera!! Bam!!! Dropkick Yates strikes again!!!! "
"What does it all mean if he is consistently having problems getting out of the way?"

This stuff is priceless!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If he held up Yates sooo badly, then why was Aaron right on Hayes ass for the last 3 laps?:think: I was always told to ride my own bike, stay on my line (the race line) and let the faster guys pass me. It personally scares me when people unpredictably get on and off the line. But I'm not a pro, just a fan. It looks to me like there was no deliberate blocking, and they were all on pretty much the same line. Ask Scott Russell about putting your hand up or leg out.:D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts