Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,255 Posts
In my opinion he will win a world title. But not with Yamaha. Any thoughts?:)
He is great, but I wouldn't put money on him just yet.

To date, he is the rider that has adapted better to the M1. But it is hard to tell if his style can match another bike.

There is also the Marquez factor. To become world champion he needs to beat him. IMHO MM is the only alien on the grid right now. The only rider capable of riding his bike to the limit because he is capable of saving un-savable over-the-limit situations.
MotoGP Qatar MotoGP Test: Miller on Marquez save: 'One of his biggest yet, amazing to watch' | News

·
comrade moderator
27,345 Posts
I think perhaps they have similar amazing skills, just in different areas. MM does play with front end traction and saves that have many still muttering that he's gonna get hurt. He's been doing this for how long now?

Zarco is a master of the mind over tires and a master at saving them, another skill that has many in disbelief. He's also well aware of the consistency factor as key. He's a very cerebral rider.

Similar...but very different. I agree, he's title material. Not on the Yamaha though, no. Perhaps KTM? That would be cool!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Zarco win it on the Yamaha. If they can figure out his tire life issues he’ll be fighting for it no doubt.

I like him a lot. I knew last season with his two Moto2 crowns he must have something special and expected some good performances. So at Qatar I just laughed as he shot up to 1st before crashing. Then there’s the fact that he was I think 26 his rookie MotoGP season? He gained a lot of experience before making the move and it shows. It also helps that he has a good demeanor that seems humble for the likeability part.

Zarco seems to be very realistic about racing and does what he needs to do to fight for wins.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think perhaps they have similar amazing skills, just in different areas. MM does play with front end traction and saves that have many still muttering that he's gonna get hurt. He's been doing this for how long now?

Zarco is a master of the mind over tires and a master at saving them, another skill that has many in disbelief. He's also well aware of the consistency factor as key. He's a very cerebral rider.

Similar...but very different. I agree, he's title material. Not on the Yamaha though, no. Perhaps KTM? That would be cool!
MM seem to be the only one that actively rides the front and has learnt or is learning to save it without fear. He has done this for some time. This is his great advantage. Others will learn. Especially when you don’t have to pay $$$ for your mistakes.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I think Zarco, like Lorenzo is a master of Balance. Zarco has not been so mind-blowingly fast like Lorenzo was at times, but I think his balance is exquisite. We have not seen him have to fight and man-handle one of the bikes yet, (Like Lorenzo is trying to do at Ducati) and I don't think that is his style, so my question is, if not with Yamaha then who. Who else has made a smoother bike that Yamaha. Yes, they did suck the last two years.

Also, and has been said there is currently Marquez factor. Mark is not just a Master of Balance, Mark IS BALANCED on the bike. So when the bike starts to slide out, it's not the front just going away, or the rear come sliding around. Like we have never seen before to this extent, BOTH tires break free evenly, AT THE SAME TIME, and THEN they start sliding in equal amounts, so as long as he stays in the middle of the bike, or where ever he was at the time, there is the chance they will both hook back up together. And as we have seen, even if the WHOLE bike washes away, bike and man are so evenly balanced, that the bike just lays down on his leg and slides on top of him until the tires reconnect.

Zarco would probably stand a better chance of winning if they gave him the bike from 4 years ago. And the other problem is TIRES. What the hell is going on with the tires. The Yamaha has been a broken-down-whore since the 5th race of last year. No one has a CLUE what is going on. They admit as much, you can see the looks of bewilderment on their faces.

Will Zarco win this year with Yamaha, only if they have a major turn-around, because Ducati and Honda are getting better. Ducati is rising hard, and Honda is over those couple of ridiculous where they were struggling. I'm a Yamaha fan and I like the Yamaha riders, so I hope the factory can do some magic.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Zarco is a decent rider, but there is a lot of talent in the premier class.. it wasn't long ago similar hype surrounded Crutchlow, Vinales, and even Jack Miller... Consistency separates the champions from the rest of the grid, Dovi discovered this last year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts