Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Jesters GT W Omars fairing.

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Goner 
That looks really beautiful Jester. It is the nicest appearing fairing I've seen yet on a GT. The paint IMO brings it to perfection.

You are very discerning re the foot peg position. The GT's bars and footpegs work together to make a near-perfect upright riding position. Change the height of the bars without moving the pegs rearward and that is lost.

I say "discerning" because several major bike manufacturers have not understood this relationship and thus ruined the riding position on otherwise wonderful mounts. Suzuki's original Bandit was an example of this. It was a small displacement (400cc if memory serves) sporting bike that was designed to use the formula that originally put Ducati on the map: A relatively small but feisty powerplant in a relatively small but great handling chassis. What killed it was the peg position - they were right for upright seating but bent the body unnaturally with the lower bars the designers put on the bike.

The now classic '91-98 900SS OTOH did it right. I suggest using one of those for guidance as you design your more rearward pegs. If you do you will still have a comfortable all-day rider, but one with a bit more sporting flare than the stock GT layout.

Great job! Do, please, keep us posted as you continue! :D

-don

That's pretty interesting - as ergonomics generally are. Is the seating geometry of the 900SS actually recorded in Ducati manuals (or otherwise), that you know of? I mean, are the measurements available? Angles, distances from pegs to seat, from seat to bars, etc. ...
Not that I know of. But there is a sweet `93 sitting in my bike shed so they certainly can be had.

-don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.