Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, that sucked.

hopefully the Pramac gents can pull off podiums, both.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and, just a racing crash with nobody (MM) to blame.

·
Registered
911 Posts
WTF!!!!!!!

That was super annoying. I think Dovi has a chance to win that race if he could’ve gotten past Lorenzo! I even think he may have been able to catch Marquez if he wouldn’t have been taken out with 7 to go.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I think 99 recovered from 04’s mistake, but then he accelerated from the outside right back onto the racing line, without looking. I think 99 was responsible for spearheading into 26 who was on the racing line the whole time. It also seems like 99 should have known 26 was only a few bike lengths behind. I think it’s poor racing on 99s part, but just a racing incident.

Poor Ducati.

POOR YAMAHA !

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there should have been team orders to let Dovi pass and at least try and run down MM
Team orders?!? Not 'no' but, fuck no.

WTF!!!!!!!

That was super annoying. I think Dovi has a chance to win that race if he could’ve gotten past Lorenzo! I even think he may have been able to catch Marquez if he wouldn’t have been taken out with 7 to go.
Not a snowball's chance. Put down the pipe.

I think 99 recovered from 04’s mistake, but then he accelerated from the outside right back onto the racing line, without looking. I think 99 was responsible for spearheading into 26 who was on the racing line the whole time. It also seems like 99 should have known 26 was only a few bike lengths behind. I think it’s poor racing on 99s part, but just a racing incident.

Poor Ducati.

POOR YAMAHA !
How would he know where DP was? You had it right with "but just a racing incident".

·
Registered
911 Posts
Team orders?!? Not 'no' but, fuck no.

Not a snowball's chance. Put down the pipe.

How would he know where DP was? You had it right with "but just a racing incident".
Sure he was far behind but you could tell Dovi had a lot of pace left but was being stagnated behind Lorenzo. He just possibly could’ve caught up to MM it wouldn’t have surprised me.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Poor Ducati.

POOR YAMAHA !
During a RACE the RACING LINE is for who ever is RACING and is in front. I don't fault Dani for trying to pass both of them in one fell swoop. He had been following them the whole race. JLo slowed the pace to the 1:40s while he was in front, but once Marquez got passed the whole group dropped back into the mid to high 1:39s while Marquez was doing mid to low 1:39s and easing away. Dovi should have got by JLo sooner while his tires where in better shape (Easy for me to say). JLo and Dani just ended up on the same piece of pavement at the same time, Dovi was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure he was far behind but you could tell Dovi had a lot of pace left but was being stagnated behind Lorenzo. He just possibly could’ve caught up to MM it wouldn’t have surprised me.

If AD had "a lot of pace left" he would have dispatched JL far earlier and easier, no? He didn't and, he didn't. So, he did a MM dive bomb which lead to this whole sorry situation.

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Jlo should at minimum be admonished for doing THE EXACT SAME thing to Our Jack in Austin. Fuck up, run it wide, then get straight back on the race line as if you have the rite to be there. He has done this more then once over the years.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jlo should at minimum be admonished for doing THE EXACT SAME thing to Our Jack in Austin. Fuck up, run it wide, then get straight back on the race line as if you have the rite to be there. He has done this more then once over the years.
Actually, Dovi was out wider than JLo, thats why he got taken out. Show me one one rider who doesn't "Fuck up, run it wide, then get straight back on the race line as if you have the rite to be there" and I will show you a "Perennial Backmarker".

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Lorenzo was holding up Dan and Dovi... there should have been team orders to let Dovi pass and at least try and run down MM
It's clear now, that JLO won't follow team orders. He fucked Dovi last yr and again this yr.

Ducati can't wait to get rid of him.

What a monumental disaster for Ducati.
You mean hiring JLO?

The pit board read Pedro +0.0 for many laps, JLO knew.

I feel sorry for Ducati and Dovi nevermind Pedro (even if he didn't have a chance of winning).

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
when the lead rider is holding up other riders, they riders following are going to have to get aggressive in order to get by. JLo was on soft rubber, those tires were not going to last, and there was no way that he would finish in the top 5. so why hold up Dovi?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts