Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is going to be a very interesting race, two 2 year old Yamahas on the front row, and the Factory 19 models back in the bunch.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Poor Fabio, but it's only his first year, and no chance of winning the championship anyway.
What a shame for Jack, Vale and Dovi. Just bad luck in quali.
Haha wonder what Jlo's problem was this time :)

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
You have to feel for jlo. Five time champ, fucked over by Ducati because they knew better than him on how to setup the bike and when they found direction he gets the boot. Injuries have kept him off the honda so of course he’s struggling. Hopefully after today’s testing he can come up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well I did say it would be interesting, just my opinion but no real surprises for me, except that Maverick got off the line without losing*5 places, though he is still not good at passing people.

Jerez is a particular circuit, very short straight and narrow with linked flowing corners that favour the fast handling bikes like the Yamaha and Suzuki

Maverick and Rossi still have the same problem for the last two rears of no rear traction. Lyn Jarvis just stands there bewildered, with no action to fix the problem. Maverick saved the day, but if he had got the finger out and passed a few earlier he may have been second. Rossi did his best but started too far back to be able to get through the pack to the front, had to wait for Jack’s tyres to go off to get past him on the narrow track.

Both of the lads on the Petronas Yamaha did the normal Rookie thing and used up the tyres in a charge for the front. Quartararo is diffidently an up and coming rider, shame the gear shift lever stuck to have him retire, but he had no chance of the tyres lasting long enough to threaten Marquez.

Alex Rins road the perfect race again just lacking the power to make a complete package, he sits right up on the bike in corners, legs and arms poking out, reminds me of Kevin Schwantz, he will go well in the championship if Marquez falls over enough.

In looking at the Honda, you got to exclude Mark he isn't normal.

Mark likes the frame to flex. They have more power this year, and the frame is paying the price by flexing too much, flicking the chain off, and causing the front end to move off line coming out of the corner under power Mark and Crutchlow losing*the front. They had Bradl testing the bike with some Carbon fibre covering the spar members to try to stiffen it.*Taka Nakagami is on last years bike and has no problem rides it well.

Oh Lorenzo this was to be the race he was to hit his form, but sadly it was not to happen. Personal I don’t think he will for some time, the bike is too hard for him to ride, it takes a lot of body strength to get the best out of it and he doesn't have it, he was complaining of getting tired in the practice sessions. So what will Honda do to help him, they would have to build a bike like Suzuki or Yamaha and that wont happen while Mark is there. The rumour is that Alberto Pugh signed George to keep him away from Ducati, and out of contention and it certainty has worked.

The Ducati is not suited to the circuit, it still does not turn, it runs wide in the corners and leaves the door open to inside passes, it is only the torque that it has, that lets it accelerate out of the corner to hold them off. Jack did the tyre choice wrong again, everyone*had a hard front Jack used the Medium that gave up to run wide, so Alex Espargaro went under him, Jack tried to use the torque to get back, as Alex closed the door, Jack lost again.

The KTMs are still lost in their development throwing heaps of stuff at the bike with no real progress, Zarco must rue the day he left the Yamaha, Pol Espargaro man handles it good enough to do OK but the rest of the riders like a smooth handing bike that it isn't.

Aleix*Espargaro makes the Aprillia look good, Iannone just doesn't want to ride any more, just shows up for the money.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jorge also mentioned something about tank ergonomics and gripping during breaking so there is some merit to the Honda physicality being an issue for him.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,525 Posts
“Iannone just doesn't want to ride any more, just shows up for the money.”
I don’t want to work anymore, I just so up for the money.:)

Just like Rossi did at Ducati after the first 90 seconds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts