Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what the hell did I do in a previous life?

Wednesday get tagged by a car and came through that one unscathed. Today I park my bike at Subway to get a sub and think..."mm... bike is leaning over kinda far". Then I hear a metallic "TINK" sound and my bike falls towards me.

I kinda caught it but the the kickstand mount broke and the kickstand gouged the hell out of the fairing.

My dealer was amazing though and came and got me and the bike just a short time after calling them. Kudos to Revoluzione for service above and beyond!!

Just in a really pissy mood right now. Frick and Frack!!

:mad:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
KRG said:
Ok what the hell did I do in a previous life?

Wednesday get tagged by a car and came through that one unscathed. Today I park my bike at Subway to get a sub and think..."mm... bike is leaning over kinda far". Then I hear a metallic "TINK" sound and my bike falls to wards me.

I kinda caught it but the the kickstand mount broke and the kickstand gouged the hell out of the fairing.

My dealer was amazing though and came and got me and the bike just a short time after calling them. Kudos to Revoluzione for service above and beyond!!

Just in a really pissy mood right now. Frick and Frack!!

:mad:
Some days it seems we are tossed a lot of hand grenades just to see if we can juggle em all.

Other days, seems everything goes so perfect that we think we are truly blessed and on the A list for entry to heaven.

I hate multiple live grenade day. The only thing that keeps me going is that when something bad happens, I recall the days that something good happened.

Small example:

Something Bad: I press on my rear brake lever, it's gone. Fell right off somewhere. Sucker was billet and expensive.

Something good: I was on a city street, parked my bike, walked back down the hill, there was the brake lever in the middle of the street. Walked back to bike and reattached with a hex wrench I kept in my tool kit.

Could have happened on a highway where I would not have noticed for a few miles or more.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to throw an update out. Didn't mean to come off sounding whiney if I did. It was a brutal week to say the least and I was really frustrated.

My dealer Revoluzione was amazing. The kickstand mounting plate snapped and they replaced that the same Friday afternoon that it broke so I could have my bike back for the weekend. Further, they are replacing everything on the left hand side of the bike as a result of the fall. Mirror, Wing, Upper and Lower fairing. Ducati has approved the warranty replacement.

Thanks for the PMs and mails, appreciate the support!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
RotoRooterGuy said:
Small example:

Something Bad: I press on my rear brake lever, it's gone. Fell right off somewhere. Sucker was billet and expensive.

Something good: I was on a city street, parked my bike, walked back down the hill, there was the brake lever in the middle of the street. Walked back to bike and reattached with a hex wrench I kept in my tool kit.
I've got a whole series of those. Kinda funny in a "Rob is a lucky idiot" kind of way, with a happy ending.

Something bad: The 853 had nasty electrical problems and stranded me out in the middle of nowhere among the sprawling rice paddies north of Sacramento.

Something good: I had just the day before gotten a letter from my insurer that I now had free roadside assistance.

Something bad: Free towing is normally only 5 miles, and I was about 15 miles from home.

Something good: Without me even asking, the insurance company told the towing company that they'd cover the towing in full and they should take me either home or to the nearest dealer (I opted for home).

Something bad: The bike still had an electrical problem.

Something good: I was sitting on a $200 MotoWheels gift certificate plus $200 in cash that I'd been saving for no particular reason. MotoWheels is only about 20 miles from my house.

Something really good: MotoWheels fixed the bike for under $400, and I went and picked it up Saturday.

Something bad: While riding home from the shop, I had apparently not zipped up my jacket pocket all the way -- the one with my (new) cell phone in it. That cell phone was a replacement for the prior one that I lost when it jumped out of my jacket pocket on the freeway. That one was a replacement for the one before that, that I lost when it jumped out of my jacket pocket on the freeway. I felt the phone hit me on the leg and looked down just in time to see it hit the ground and disappear behind me on the heavily-trafficked Sunrise Boulevard. I worked my way to the side of the road and stopped, but it took me too long and I was too far from where I lost the phone to get it. I briefly considered turning around and going back, but decided that traffic was too heavy. This time I'd bought insurance on the phone, so I figured I'd just get another new one. Pain in the butt because I'd have to have my service transferred and I'd lose all the stored pictures and messages and contact list.

Something good: Turns out the wife was close enough behind me that she saw the phone drop. She watched it bounce along the road. She watched two cars run it over and then watched it bounce around some more. She stopped, waited for a break in traffic, and recovered the phone. To both our surprise, the thing still works! Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

For those who are interested, it's an LG model PM325. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,381 Posts
Anyone looking for a good FREE backup of there SonyEricsson, Motorola or Nokia phone can PM me. The sister company to the one i work for has a service that is free.. And completly secure. It´ll backup your contacs and calender to a server via GPRS datatraffic.

I´ve lost a cell and this service saved my bacon.. i didn´t loose a single contact and also had contacts restored on my brand new phone in 3 minutes! And it wasn´t even the same MAKE as the one i lost!

//amullo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.