Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted a swing away jack or similar to their Kendon trailer? Kendon used to make one, but it's nowhere to be found (plus it was stupid spendy @ $160). I can't find any bolt on's that will work. I did find this, which would require some welding, but there are no details on how this solution would be fixtured.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-276852.html

Any help would be appreciated. Surprisingly little info bout this on the internets.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Has anyone fitted a swing away jack or similar to their Kendon trailer? Kendon used to make one, but it's nowhere to be found (plus it was stupid spendy @ $160). I can't find any bolt on's that will work. I did find this, which would require some welding, but there are no details on how this solution would be fixtured.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-276852.html

Any help would be appreciated. Surprisingly little info bout this on the internets.
There was one on my Kendon when I bought it. Not the best photos but they should help get you started.

t_bare

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks t_bare!

I ended up getting a small 4" section of 1/4 "L" bracket to fit under the tongue and welding a pipe mount to it. Bought a 2k lb jack that I modified to take a wheel or a foot for $35. System works well. Field tested it at NECM.

<RANT>...local trailer businesses were completely useless. They just couldn't be bothered to help. I get its a small job. But rather than decline openly on the phone said "Ill get back to you" and just never called me back. I hope the internet kicks their ass. I wanted to give this to a local biz, and would have paid a premium. In the end, 90% of the time you gotta figure this crap out for yourself. Sad. </RANT>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts