Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure am happy with this bike. Funny how the performance has morphed. After the first service the bike was a bit snappier however, they were not able to reset the TPS (because they didn't have the updated software). I was also one of the happy guys not bothered by the 3500rpm surging. After about 2500km the surging became noticible. Now it irritates me too!:eek:

So I took a bit of a trip the past week from Vancouver to the Slocan valley in the Kootenays of British Columbia. A 650km jaunt that did include some fantastic twities just east of Vernon (a section of highway known as the Monashee). This bike is great on the highway. I did have to stop often for the wife to catch up in the car so the actual travel time was much longer than it would have been. Wind noise and buffeting only is a force to be concerned with when above 170km/h. I still haven't taken it above 230km/h and don't really feel the desire to on this bike. The wind is pretty serious at that speed but the bike is still pulling pretty hard.

So me and my pops went for a ride from New Denver over to Nelson taking the Kaslo route. What a brilliant piece of road. No coppers but many bikes. Dad was riding his rather pristine Paul Smart and was never really too far behind. He keeps a pretty good pace for an old guy.

On the ride back home to Vancouver I saw forest fires only hundreds of meters from the road and breathed the equivalent of a thousand packs of smokes. Saw the sun and the moon at the same time both the colour of red tangerines. Quite the sight. Don't ask for pictures, I got jack for this trip and can't figure out why:confused:

I'm happy to be back home at sea level where I have all the power back. Funny how even a bit of elevation makes such an impact on power. I feel really undrained from the ride and that speaks really well for the ergonomics for this bike. I am really pleased. Now I just have to get that exhaust sorted...

Freezer out

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
sounds exciting..
I did notice the fueling did change as the bike got more miles on it.
As far as feeling the power differences according to elevation.. I can imagine; even different days I can feel the power difference.. hot days have some really terrible power out put and then some cool days have really great performance. my favorite is probably when a norther passes through during the spring or fall and it's in the upper 60's and lower 70's..

thought I would throw in what crossed my mind while reading your essay

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've got about 2400 miles now, so I'm not too far behind you and I can't honestly say I feel a big difference. But I git the reflash around 1500 miles, so it's difficult to say. I know I'm ready for the pipes and ECU. Like yesterday.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
freezer... you're the man.... if you are ever down in Seattle we should have a beer or three.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
freezer... you're the man.... if you are ever down in Seattle we should have a beer or three.
I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Maybe have to make it a plan. I would really like to see Ducati Seatle.

Flyn - I still have the original skins on. They are holding up well as I have refrained from any burn outs and have done my best to wear the sides :) Not sure what I will try next. I am happy with the stock rubber for the street but will try something new for the next set. What have you considered?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts