Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Its official: Stoner is out of contention

5K views 57 replies 27 participants last post by  dirkwrong 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I guess the one good thing to come out of this for Ducati is that they get to test ride Kallio on the factory bike before they make a final decision about Hayden next year. If the article on MotoGP matters is correct, then Ducati only has until early September to exercise their contract extension option for Hayden. If Kallio outperforms him, they might have a rethink about the second factory seat. If he doesn't outperform Hayden they will have found out without moving him upp to the factory squad permanently.

#3 · (Edited)
Read that. Too bad for the title race, lets hope Pedrosa can pick it up. that said - being such a huge skeptic - it just doesn't add up to me. Stoner had stated that he was feeling better at Sach'ring and only fell off the pace due to an alleged tire problem, and Donnington was another story. Even cruising he was good for 3rd. Ducati must be beyond bummed

#42 ·
Lets hope "who" picks it up? That little bridge troll spineless weasel midget can go F-himself......and his manager too! Let's hope Pedrosa steps it up...Jesus F*&^ing Christ I hate that little prick!:D
As far as MotoGP and Stoner are concerned who really cares? A diminished field and a championship that continued well beyond it's years. They (MotoGP) are already discussing going to 1000cc WSBK type motorcycles because of the disasterous situation they have found themselves in.

#13 ·
I can see why Ducati would want to take this opportunity to test Kallio as a number 2 factory rider, but part of me also really wants to see Fabrizio on the factory machine! Lets just hope he kicks some ass on the pramac machine.

#22 ·
Tell ya one thing, its gonna be an interesting weekend coming up!

Ducati will probably end up having the worst result this year since they first started in MotoGP. Its sad to see them suffer so much in GP, but they did it to themselves. Had they focused on building a ridable bike, everyone would be on it and there would be no question of its dominance. Stoner is the only guy able to ride the 800cc machine and he'll remain the only guy until someone else breaks through.

I personally would like to see someone like Fabrizio do it. An Italian on an Italian machine, priceless! But against Rossi, Lorenzo and Pedrosa?!?!? Its never going to happen. Fabrizio might be able to mingle with Ben Spies, but in MotoGP its a whole other game.

One thing to think about... If Stoner quits after 09, then what?

#23 ·
I personally would like to see someone like Fabrizio do it. An Italian on an Italian machine, priceless! But against Rossi, Lorenzo and Pedrosa?!?!? Its never going to happen. Fabrizio might be able to mingle with Ben Spies, but in MotoGP its a whole other game.

One thing to think about... If Stoner quits after 09, then what?
How about Loris Capirossi, he is Italian and rode the Ducati...

I think Ducati came to that realization about three races into the season. Stoner is the only guy that can make that bike work and without him Ducati looks worse than the Kawasaki/Hayate. Ducati had better come up with a plan.

#27 ·
I highly doubt Stoner is going anywhere, lets not forget how young the guy is. This is still only the very beginning of his career in the motoGP premier class (one would hope...) He should have a really long time before before he becomes too old to be competitive. If he misses a little bit of the action now, in the greater arc of his career, i'm thinking it won't amount to much.

#28 · (Edited)
I think its the Epstein Barr virus still. Why is it do pro motorcylists seem to contract this disease more than most?

What is it about the 800 machine and why is it so hard to tame? What bothers me is the high spin Ducati (and others I'm sure) puts on the machine and never discuss the mystery of the machine. I guess they feel a one of a kind, not even remotely related to a street bike has a reputation to uphold on behalf of the 1198. If they just basically threw their hands up and say they have no clue, that would hurt sales yet its not even relevant. Reminds me of the movie Jaws. The shark was eating people during tourist season yet the city managers had their head in the sand, wouldn't talk about it. I guess Ducati is caught between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Off the subject, but the whole 800 idea was a total waste of time and effort. What did it accomplish? I thought it was supposed to slow bikes down. Now you have a potential issue with the 250s going out and being replaced by higher displacement 4 strokes. First of all the grid will shrink to nothing if the premier class standards are upheld (doubt it), the bikes will perform in many cases better than the 800s due to weight factors. If the engineering rules are relaxed then you have supersport bikes out there, where is the premier class now? With the ongoing degradation of the premier class, I think eventually the high costs will kill it (like my health care premiums) or the bikes will essentially be WSBK machines without mufflers.

#31 ·
What is it about the 800 machine and why is it so hard to tame? What bothers me is the high spin Ducati (and others I'm sure) puts on the machine and never discuss the mystery of the machine. I guess they feel a one of a kind, not even remotely related to a street bike has a reputation to uphold on behalf of the 1198. If they just basically threw their hands up and say they have no clue, that would hurt sales yet its not even relevant. Reminds me of the movie Jaws. The shark was eating people during tourist season yet the city managers had their head in the sand, wouldn't talk about it. I guess Ducati is caught between a rock and a hard place on this one.
What would it take to make you (and others who think the ducati is broken)happy with the results??
here the way I see this... Stoner in very poor condition is condending for a championship and winning races. Hayden had a rough start on the Ducati but seems to have found something and is putting the bike in the top 10, should do top 8s the rest of the season. Kallio over all is doing about as well as Hayden. Canepa just doesnt have it and wont be in GP next year.
Other than Yamaha what team is doing that well? Honda is coming on since the new motor but thier satelite teams arent doing any better than the Kallio. Suzuki with a factory effort struggles to match the satelite ducati effort, and Kawi has been a shocker this year with Malandri but nothing to be that excited about.
Yamaha no doubt has the package. The machine is good and the riders are great. Honda as I said before is coming on and over all I think is comarable to ducati as far as bike. I truely believe that is ducati want another rider in the top 5 or so they are going to have to recruit someone that can do it... Hayden is a top 8 guy on his best days. Kallio might be in the same boat I think he deserves a break this season for a learning curve.
I do think that Ducati might be struggling team wise with how they are choosing to set the bike up, but they should have learned thier lesson over the past few races (not counting the donnington shame) with Hayden new settings.
If Ducati wants 2 guys in the top 3 like yamaha they are going to have to get riders that can race with Lorenzo and Rossi, Stoner has proven the bike can do it.

#29 ·
2007 Stoner on Bridgestone's - Stoner walks away with it

2008 Rossi and Stoner on 'Stones - Rossi walks away with it

2009 Everyone on Stones - Rossi and Jorge beginning to walk away with it as Stoner battles for 3rd. So far 5 different GP winners after 10 races.

Plus smaller fuel tank for everyone, better electronics on the Yamahas and now new motor on the Honda - things just got evened out.

Personally I doubt the spec engine 600 will outperform the 800s. Isn't only going to be 150hp?

#30 ·
Kallio might get the factory bike into 5th which would be okay (don't forget he was 6th in Assen until falling on the last lap). He will be highly motivated to beat Hayden, Fabrizio won't figure significantly in the results, although it will show us where someone who is a little slower than Spies finishes in the premier world racing class

#34 ·
Maybe there sending Fabrizio in to take care of some more Ducati business :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVXeva8fmfU

watchout lorenzo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL! :D

I can see it now, Fabrizio running over to Lorenzo and getting kicked in the ballz.

I like Fabrizio, the kid has soul, unlike Lorenzo... but man, he's gotta figure out how to stop knocking other guys off bikes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.