Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here is the result of my little project with a Carbon fiber/Kevlar composite lay up. 6 layers carbon and 2 re-enforcing layers of Kevlar. They were finished with an automotive grade satin clear. The lights are LED and about 2 twice as bright as the factory set up but only draws 2/3 of the power with both lights turned on.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Really unique for sure...if they could somehow put this set-up into the original housing, it would flow much better with the shape of the bike..

Ya have any picture of the lights on?

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Dude, that is perfectly wild. Definitely one of the best creations I have seen. Its right of a SciFi flick.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love it! I'm especially interested in the headlights. What model are they? And how did you clean up the back of the dash? Great work! The fork guard looks mean as hell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very nice look, indeed. I'd consider buying those fork covers if they were on the market.

Sort of reminds of of this:

For those not gifted with carbon construction, Paolo Tex Design Bodykits have some similar fork covers for around $750.
I was considering a S2R/S4R and Paolo kit project...but never pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice look, indeed. I'd consider buying those fork covers if they were on the market.

Sort of reminds of of this:

For those not gifted with carbon construction, Paolo Tex Design Bodykits have some similar fork covers for around $750.
I was considering a S2R/S4R and Paolo kit project...but never pulled the trigger.
Paola Tex was part of the inspiration along with some Audi designs and other stuff I found while researching.... The Paolo kits are fibreglass, I wanted something a little different
The lights are LED spotlights from Demon lights out of Calgary AB.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where? I'm looking around but don't see stuff for sale except on BelissaMoto. And even then it's whole kits and it looks like they're for the 848 or 1098. I'd love to try some of those fork guards.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It looks awesome! But maybe you're not quite done yet? One of those tiny tail sections would look bitchen and finish that badass bike up nicely :wink2:
That's exactly what I was thinkin! Just gotta get a Li Ion battery and rearrange the components in the tail section.... retain integrated light and bam! I like the way you think Flyn!:wink2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts