Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it goes. I am starting the build process of my 99 750 to turn it into a track only bike. My parts have started to arrive.......nichols flywheel, lightweight axles, hotbodies 749/999 fairings, heads to be ported, and hopefully that wet/dry conversion (thanks Blade). New rims are also soon but that will have to be put aside for now. This will be my first bike build so don't mind all the questions. :eek: Heres what I am starting with...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Sounds cool..I am curious to see the project as it comes along!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,974 Posts
Good luck .... and, as Chrismi already wrote, keep us posted. 749/999 bodywork on this bike ..... interesting
RonB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Mhe225 said:
Good luck .... and, as Chrismi already wrote, keep us posted. 749/999 bodywork on this bike ..... interesting
RonB
here is a pic of a 1000SS with 999 bodywork, and a 996 tail

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
looks great Blade!....Superduc...can't wait to see the final results of your project!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
the 996 tail will fit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
JDuc said:
the 996 tail will fit?
anything will fit if you are willing to go the distance.

on that bike, the rear subframe has been cut off, and a tubular aluminum unit fab'd to replace it.

"hacksaw ingenuity"

I believe he has the weight on that bike down to about 330 lbs dry [oil, no fuel]

Mine is currently 347 lbs. I Think Kevin lost about 15 lbs. with the subframe chop.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,974 Posts
blade625CT said:
......here is a pic of a 1000SS with 999 bodywork, and a 996 tail ........Mine is currently 347 lbs......... I Think Kevin lost about 15 lbs.
Very good looking indeed, Blade.
Kevin got it figured out ..... it's way cheaper and easier for the rider to go on a diet than it is for the bike :D Plus ..... all the money that you don't spend on food ......... ;)
RonB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
I used to frequent a joint car and bike historic race meeting.. It used to crack me up to see the length some of the bike guys would go.. Drilling EVERYTHING.. bolts, nuts , heels of their boots... then have 2 pies and a hamburger for lunch and all looked like they were 100 kg's in the shower!!!

That bike looks great.. and Good luck with the buid and following seasons.

Mal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
mals900ss said:
I used to frequent a joint car and bike historic race meeting.. It used to crack me up to see the length some of the bike guys would go.. Drilling EVERYTHING.. bolts, nuts , heels of their boots... then have 2 pies and a hamburger for lunch and all looked like they were 100 kg's in the shower!!!

That bike looks great.. and Good luck with the buid and following seasons.

Mal
I hear you mal...I see guys who spend a fortune on Ti nuts and bolts, and tell me all about the weight savings whilst consuming 2 big macs.

not me...although i did splurge on a Ti front axle [mostly for strength...the stock axles seem to bend too easily]
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top