Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally received the Carbon Fiber Termi kit for my M1100 today. I inspected the contents before I started to install, and guess what?

TWO LEFT SIDE CANS!!!

Are you freakin' kidding me? How's that for quality control? Man am I pissed off...

Attachments

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
fak....hopefully mine don't come in the other way around.

seriously!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Your first mistake was to go with Termignoni!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ouch.... :( nice cans though.
LOL

The worst part is I had the tracking number so I knew they were coming today. I removed the stock cans, gas tank, filter and ECU in preparation for the install. Then...

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

The dealer has to contact Ducati tomorrow to see how to go about a replacement can or the whole kit.

I don't want to put the bike back together just to take it apart again. I also don't want to quit riding the time it will take to get this straightened out.

:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
Better than Kaiser amputating the wrong foot. True story BTW, it happened to my friend's father in law. Moral of the story is mistakes do happen even in a "disciplined" environment like an operating room. I wondered why pre op hospital people made triple sure they were operating on my correct shoulder and correct knee. Left and right get confused when looking at it from different angles.

·
Registered
230 Posts
man that's pretty messed up. :eek:
but like the other guy said, just be glad Ducati/Termignoni isn't operating on you!
I would try to get an ETA on the right side can before putting it back together. If it were me, I'd probably not put it back together, because I know how much of a hassle it is to get it to the point you have it.

I had a similar recent experience where I ordered a reverse thread bolt for my right hand mirror through my local dealer. Ducati sent a regular thead bolt. It's still not resolved.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't know if it's true of not, but I've heard that a company in Cleveland OH makes the Termis and ships them to Italy, to be boxed up and shipped back to the States.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow, I can totally feel your anger.... and here I laid an egg when I was shipped the wrong Clutch cover. At least I could still ride the bike.

You'll get your part sooner or later brother. Just take the time and drink some beers with your bike while you wait.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
When I purchased my 1098S Tri. it was supposed to come with another box containing a full 70mm system, well, the system was there but the cans weren't. My dealer reordered the cans, the cans came, or should I say the can, after that we had to reorder a set bc they wouldn't order just one but he had to send the single can back to complete the order.
It took about 2 months for me to get the whole system together to find out that Stevie Wonder has a part time job as a welder there.
Does this make you feel any better?
Termignoni used to be decent, but since Ducati has bought into the company, their work and service just plain sucks!
$.02!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well-

The dealer told me they can get the right-side can from Ducati in 2-3 days. They were going to exchange the whole kit, but apparently Ducati is out of stock. Surprise!!!

Since they're just going to exhange the one can, I'm going to put the bike back together with the race ECU, filter and left-side can. Then all I have to do is throw on the right-side can when it arrives and VROOOOOM!

I'll cross my fingers and hope the pipe actually comes from Ducati quickly...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well-

The dealer told me they can get the right-side can from Ducati in 2-3 days. They were going to exchange the whole kit, but apparently Ducati is out of stock. Surprise!!!

Since they're just going to exhange the one can, I'm going to put the bike back together with the race ECU, filter and left-side can. Then all I have to do is throw on the right-side can when it arrives and VROOOOOM!

I'll cross my fingers and hope the pipe actually comes from Ducati quickly...
I would venture to go a step further and hope they actually send the RIGHT side can and not another left one lol

·
Registered
871 Posts
Quit bashing my grande amico's from the old country. If you don't like the service or products, buy Jap.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Quit bashing my grande amico's from the old country. If you don't like the service or products, buy Jap.
Actually, I've got both. And I'm Japanese. So, I've got one really, really reliable bike. And I've got one that is pretty fun to ride. And I'm pretty good at math.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts