Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the late notice, but there is a great event happening near Monterrey on Saturday. It's the Italiano Concorso car show. It's mainly for Italian makes. The point I really wanted to make was that bikes are allowed to show too. I plan on showing my bike there. It would be nice if others can make it too. Unfortunately online registration has ended and you need to go in person to register.

For more info go to
http://concorso.com/

Hope to see others out there.

·
Premium Member
8,715 Posts
Did you make it to the show? I had an opportunity to attend an Italian car show at a country club in El Dorado Hills a couple years back, actually the lead organizer really wanted to have Italian bikes exhibited along with the exotic cars. I wanted to attend this, but I had a schedule conflict at the time. The only other time I put the Duc on display was a small local show for Ferrari cars. I was surprised at how the bike drew so much attention, with many people taking photographs of it. After thinking about it they were probably used to seeing the Ferrari cars and the 999R presented a change of pace.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello John,

Yes, I was able to go. My bike got a bit of attention too. There was only one other Ducati there, I think it was a 2014 Streetfighter. I attached a picture of the bikes that were there. From front to back, my bike, some Italian electric bike (can't remember the name), a Moto Guzzi, a couple of Vespas, and then 3 vintage bikes who's brand escapes me. The other Duc and an Aprilla showed up after I took the pic.

It would be great if we could get a larger group together next year. Entering the bike was a lot cheaper than buying tickets to get in, so I will for sure be doing it next year too.

Oh, I have to comment on where I was parked. I had to drive about 200 yards on wet grass hilly grass to get there, and I was riding two up. Kinda scary.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to let everyone know that registration for this years event is now open. It's $60 to register a bike for the show. It sounds expensive, but when you consider tickets to get in are $100 or more, it's a real bargain. Especially since you get 2 admission tickets with registration.

There is a video of last years event on the home page. You see my bike at around the 2:20 mark.

http://concorso.com/

Hope to see more Duc's there this year.

·
Premium Member
8,715 Posts
That event sounds like fun, except for negotiating the wet grass part! The only other obstacle on going is getting my bike there due to the fact I live outside of Sacramento. It would be an overnight stay at a hotel and the extra cost of that and other incidentals like trailer rental, etc. This is an event you might want to consider dovetailing other activities and spending a couple days in the Monterey area on a mini vacation.

Something I always wanted to do is take the 999R bike to Laguna Seca and do a track day. Thats if I don't sell it and that might happen later this year, but the thought of being black flagged for an exhaust violation on the first lap because I have a Ti Leo Vince "Corsa" full system.

Thanks for posting this event.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts