Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help! It won't start!

So, earlier this morning I take the Duc out to Radio Shack to get some parts to make a tag light. I come back home and park it, everything's fine. I hop on it a few hours later to run to the store, it won't start :mad:
The fuel pump is coming on, but I'm getting no fuel and no spark. Anyone ever had similar issues? I need this bike running, as it's my main mode of transportation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a little research, I discovered that it could be the crankshaft position sensor. So, I pulled it and cleaned it off. Shure enough that was my problem. It's running silky-smooth now :cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Funny... I had a no start condition the other day too- up near the top of one of our canyons, where I stopped for a "comfort" break at one of the facilities.

Tried everything I could while out in the boonies with not many tools. Totally frustrated... then I realized I had used the Kill Switch to stop the motor since I was on a certain incline and could not comfortably reach up to use the key... DUH!

Felt like a real fool , but it started easy once I turned the switch ON!

Lesson learned for me.:eek:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hopz - I did the same, got so far as to call my son to come with the van. Naturally figured it out just as he was pulling in. DOH!!
TT

·
Registered
182 Posts
Something else easily over looked is the starter relay up under the dash, mine has worked loose more than once, I now use a few zip ties to hold it in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts