1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I can throw some info in, but it will be biased since I sell and use these! You won't find too many Ducati guys using them... I mostly sell them to other brands. Ducati riders are generally stuck on Brembo products.

I have them on my Triumph track bike right now... 15.87mm hydraulic brake master and the cable clutch. They work perfect, craftsmanship is amazing, etc... The adjustability is fantastic - the lever reach is adjustable as is the actual leverage point making the ratio adjustable so you can change the feel of the system.

Here is a little write up on the adjustability and how it effects the feel. http://www.blog.desmoworks.com/parts-and-accesories/102/

Here are a few images of them on my bike. I now have the 6 piston mono bloc calipers as well which make an insane combo. The braking is SO much better than it was originally on this bike. I'm getting ready to install the billet switches that remove the black plastic electrical boxes and integrate the buttons into the lever mount.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Oh, and ISR just made a new clutch master cylinder specifically for Ducati that makes purchasing a clutch slave obsolete as it reduces the pull by 25-30% on its own. We've got some on the way right now.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Desmoworks. I guess my question is if I purchase the system, is it a matter of just removing the brembo system and replacing it with the ISR system? If so do you have the brake side also, I only saw the clutch side?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
These master cylinders don't have any provisions for the brake light switch or the fluid tank mounts. On my setup above I'm using the SpeedyMoto adjustable clip-ons which have mounts included for the fluid tanks (though I only need it for the brake side on that bike).

I don't have any brake light switch since my bike is a track bike, but if you need the switches for street use we sell the hydraulic banjo bolts which do the same thing except the switch is activated when the lever is squeezed and there is pressure in the system.

ISR uses a different thread pitch for the banjo bolts than Brembo does as well so you'd have to switch those, but we have them as well.

·
MR. Twill
325 Posts
now if only you could get me that banjo for my rear brake master i have needed for like 9 months. it is the one in your first picture brake side, the black one with the rubber tube attached to it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice set up, I was reading about these in last months Superbike issue, they seem top notch, how much would those six pistons callipers set me back for? I have a 2007 hayabusa which uses the standard (crap) 6 pistons calipers, Im not an expert so, would they be just a direct fit? or do they need anything alse with them?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Nice set up, I was reading about these in last months Superbike issue, they seem top notch, how much would those six pistons callipers set me back for? I have a 2007 hayabusa which uses the standard (crap) 6 pistons calipers, Im not an expert so, would they be just a direct fit? or do they need anything alse with them?
I just installed a set on my Triumph... today! They are about $650 each which includes pads. I used Brembo 15mm spacers (black) and titanium M10x1x65 tapered head bolts on mine. Direct bolt on. Saved right at 1 lb per side.

I really don't know what the mounting on a Hayabusa is... but you can download a catalog that will have all the caliper dimensions here: http://isr-brakes.se/catalogue/

Attachments

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
now if only you could get me that banjo for my rear brake master i have needed for like 9 months. it is the one in your first picture brake side, the black one with the rubber tube attached to it
I didn't know you still needed that... I just had a shipment from ISR last week. :crazy:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just installed a set on my Triumph... today! They are about $650 each which includes pads. I used Brembo 15mm spacers (black) and titanium M10x1x65 tapered head bolts on mine. Direct bolt on. Saved right at 1 lb per side.
Oh Fa sho? 650 each? Where can those be had, I am only finding them for 750 to 790 each, not including international shipping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts