Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...we went for a ride today with my best friend giannis!We went to epidavros for a coffee!! :)
We also took some photos of the wheelie monster and us having a good time resting after the ride :)

At the way home i had a constant check engine light on...i pulled over and turn the key off and on several times and the engine light never went off...when i pressed the "down" key the panel said "exh val"... so the problem was the exhaust valve...
after some kilometers i opened the throttle to 6-.8k with no gear on, switched off and on again and the light went off....i must got stuck i guess...
notice that we did 240km with rpm range 3.800 to 6.000 MAX...so i guess the exhaust valve worked overtime at that rpm range and couldnt keep up! :) :)
i love this bike so much and it keeps disappointing me... why? :(

Hope you will enjoy the pics!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
2 up on there huh? I won't be taking anyone too far on mine, I am too xlt for that.

Will you disconnect the cable Christos or see if it keeps happening or clean it up somehow?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am -- this -- close to burn the exhaust valve motor with the stock exhaust and the cables all together and then sing "burn mother F... burn...." :p

seriously now...i wont do anything to fix it with a "mod"...i will take it to ducati and wont leave until they fix it...enough is enough...i had to turn the key on and off as others in here did in the past but now i got a constant check engine light on while i was 20km away from home...

i am mad about this...

·
Registered
23 Posts
i am -- this -- close to burn the exhaust valve motor with the stock exhaust and the cables all together and then sing "burn mother F... burn...." :p

seriously now...i wont do anything to fix it with a "mod"...i will take it to ducati and wont leave until they fix it...enough is enough...i had to turn the key on and off as others in here did in the past but now i got a constant check engine light on while i was 20km away from home...

i am mad about this...
I konw that sux man. seriously i learned the only way to really enjoy things exotic like ducs or customs is it cant be your only bike. you end up expecting it too do something it wasnt built to do. Just like jap bikes will never deliver passion or character , ducs will never be bulletpoof. Now watch the homers come out and blame you or argue ducs are just as reliable as jap bikes.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now did you like those wheelies or not??? :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, they are cool...but would have been better 2-up!

I'm jealous of the landscape though...so glad to know that I am moving to the east coast and leaving Oklahoma in the dust in less than a month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts