Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure others have been watching this series as well. I watched the superbike TT race tonight and coverage obviously is very different then regular racing but wow are those guys hauling arse around that course and the super slow-mo they do is cool. You can see the bikes flexing and stressing as they run. Racing the Isle of Man takes some serious skill and some very large cojone's thats for sure. Not much room for error on that course. I thought it was funny when they asked Valle if he wished the TT were still on the MotoGP circuit and he gave an emphatic one word answer. "No."

I don't think you could come to Isle of Man once a year and do very well. It appears that it is a year around passion and life long adventure for the greats.

For sure one of those things to go see on the bucket list........

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Excellent stuff huh... I really enjoyed the slow-mo camera, MotoGP is using it now as well. Its call the Phantom and it can buffer slow-mo images and send them down the standard triax or fiber lines to the production truck. So they can grab slow-mo shots whilst doing a live broadcast! IDK how the US presented the program's, but the original broadcast had extremely high production value, Jamie Whithem commentating ( I love that guy) and the crew from Eurosport as well! WOOT!

You do know it was originally aired in June right? :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do know it was originally aired in June right? :rolleyes:
I know the race was originally in June (May 30th really) but did not see any coverage of it here listed in the television schedule until recently. I don't watch much TV on my computer. It has been playing for the last 3 weeks now. Starting with a practice day, then the rain delayed day and now the superbike race. Its nice to see in HD also. I figured others might be watching also........

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know the race was originally in June (May 30th really) but did not see any coverage of it here listed in the television schedule until recently. I don't watch much TV on my computer. It has been playing for the last 3 weeks now. Starting with a practice day, then the rain delayed day and now the superbike race. Its nice to see in HD also. I figured others might be watching also........
Pleassse tell me where/how to watch the TT -Cable-I have Comcast or??) I had the pleasure of going th the IOM last year for 2 weeks. Unbelieveable. Those guys across the pond are really serious about the sport.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The super slo mo shots are very cool, its amazing how much the bikes suspension and chassis move around in a corner. Also it takes an incredibly brave or dumb person to wail around there on those brick wall lined streets... big cojones, all those guys. I wouldn't do that.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pleassse tell me where/how to watch the TT -Cable-I have Comcast or??) I had the pleasure of going th the IOM last year for 2 weeks. Unbelieveable. Those guys across the pond are really serious about the sport.
I have Direct tv so I'm not sure what channels you have. There is a channel called HDTV which has some cool stuff now and again. They have also been running those episodes of Twist the Throttle, I think online it was Turbo something or other. One hour documentries on different motorcycle manufactures. Ducati, Yamaha, Honda, Mv Agusta, Kawasaki etc......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts