Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got them today & fitted them. Need to mod the straps so will post more in a bit. Nice growl to them.......:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
to slim for my taste blackie...if you could place them higher it would be better i think...
where are you air ducts? :)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
As nice as they look, I'm still drawn to the hi single or maybe double but way higher one than stock. Good work!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Blackie,
I thought your previous carbon wrapped standard cans looked great.Especially with the Termi stickers.
By the way,your Streetfighter is easily the best looking I've come across.Very good work.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Man... you are the sticker king!!

I have only tried one time for stickers and met with some difficulty finding them but you seem to have the "backing"...

Time to become a sticker re-seller...

I think the cans are cool, I do like the original ones too though.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Price is £450 plus shipping. You do need to do a little modding yourself but its very easy.
The brackets just need trimming to allow you to fit them inbetween the cans , but i,m sure i can sort that out for anyone prior to shipping ....:D

I,m very pleased with them . I,ve just been out for an hour & its fookin freezin...They sound awesome. We will have to see what Mr.plod thinks of them but really they are not much louder than the cored out originals. They dont seem to get that hot either , but i suppose the gas is leaving faster. They do remind me of the monster termis..

Clyde

If you need some stickers let me know. The termi ones are foil backed & so dont melt or come off...:D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blackie that looks and sounds awesome!

How does the bike run and how stable are they with no bracket?
I could,nt really give it loads of beans today as the ground is a bit damp & its now going foggy.
Much the same as the other cans. The 3500-4000 rpm stutter as usual but as for the rest of it, very good overrun noise, with hardly any popping.
They are very stable with no bracket. I used some shorter springs and gave them a good pull. I also did what i said & used a couple of self tapping bolts under the cans so they are not going anywhere.
If anything the MV brutale cans rocked about more than what these do..

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool... almost look like 2-stroke cans... nice and slim. (your bike needs a little bit of carbon fiber though)

Yes i thought someone may say that.......:D. At least its sounds nowt like a 2 stroke.
Felt like moses today as the cars parted to let me filter. At least the bastards cant say they did,nt hear me coming if they knock me off

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
cool... I might go the mod my stock ones route first but eventually pass it by the finance chick and muuwahahaha!

Thanks for the offer Blackie, I might need some stickers if I do the carbon sleeve route!

I am just now making my christmas list for the "chick"... bars, signals mirrors, carbon... prob get a nice piece of coal though.

Isn't coal like carbon anyway, might look a bit odd just epoxied to my tank but still carbon right?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
hmmm now with the footpegs removed, the stickers and the straps on i think it looks way better!!!
still they need to go higher and then they will look awsome!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I,m not going to be moving them Higher CTS. What i was looking for i think i have found.
It was an experiment to see if we could use the original pipes to make the bike better, that way we dont have to spend a fortune & we can put it back to stock for selling.
I,m quite happy now, In fact i,m fuckin ecstatic.........:D

I am DEFFO going to get the pipes coated stin black, i think that will take your eye away from the horrid colour pipe underneath

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Maybe a thought: come up with your own sticker. This is your creation. Take some credit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice job Blackie - Like the slim look. I personally don't care for the big stock cans nor any of the slips (as they are mostly just as big). Best looking replacement of the stock cans I have seen so far. Next question - what are you going to do about the pipes? Are you going to polish them or have them coated?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice looking Streetfighter S Blackie.
How are you liking riding yours?
I just bought a red S last week but the only thing I have done is the slip-ons.
I got it up to about 165mph with a backpack on, it was fun.

Matt

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice job Blackie - Like the slim look. I personally don't care for the big stock cans nor any of the slips (as they are mostly just as big). Best looking replacement of the stock cans I have seen so far. Next question - what are you going to do about the pipes? Are you going to polish them or have them coated?

I am going here RB

http://www.camcoat.u-net.com/Exhausts.htm

They are about 30 mins from my house, Others have had them in shiny chrome but i dont think it will suit my bike, so i,m going to get the satin black..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts