Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the bike, don't know much about the exhaust...since the dealership wasn't very clear about it. We were told it was the Termi Slip on system. I just want to know for sure since there's not a single label anywhere on the thing.

The price was very good so we went ahead and jumped on it....exhaust or not.

There is a stamp on the underside of the muffler that says "for racing use only" and there's not a single cat to be found anywhere, which came on the stock 749R to the best of my knowledge.

Can anyone ID definitively?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
That is a termi half system.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a termi half system.
Many thanks! Do you know this because you yourself have the termi system or have seen it?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW I never knew the stock exhaust wasn't asymmetrical!

Its amazing how retarded the 749R is stock... The fully symmetrical exhaust will make a huge improvement on mid-range.
This is one of the first things I noticed when we took delivery on the bike yesterday...

I realize it will probably be easier to just sell the half system and buy a full Leo system...but...all things considered ($$$ at this point mostly), I'm interested in attempting to find the 57mm Termi pipes, provided of course the can is the same between the half and the full systems.

But, if the cost there doesn't make sense compared to the cost of a Leo system, then it would obviously change things.

Wonder who would be my best contact there...lol

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Many thanks! Do you know this because you yourself have the termi system or have seen it?
It is obvious if you have seen one. The exhaust outlets are larger, and the can is riveted with a metal band going around.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is obvious if you have seen one. The exhaust outlets are larger, and the can is riveted with a metal band going around.
Thanks once again! Unfortunately, I haven't had that opportunity thus far.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
This is one of the first things I noticed when we took delivery on the bike yesterday...

I realize it will probably be easier to just sell the half system and buy a full Leo system...but...all things considered ($$$ at this point mostly), I'm interested in attempting to find the 57mm Termi pipes, provided of course the can is the same between the half and the full systems.

But, if the cost there doesn't make sense compared to the cost of a Leo system, then it would obviously change things.

Wonder who would be my best contact there...lol
The cans are different. They made a conversion kit that gave you new piping to turn it into a 57mm full system. Part #96445205BA It might be hard finding it and it could be too expensive if you do.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cans are different. They made a conversion kit that gave you new piping to turn it into a 57mm full system. Part #96445205BA It might be hard finding it and it could be too expensive if you do.
Wow! :eek: Just a wealth of info today! :D

I figured as much, both on the hard to find and on the cost aspect.

I'll just be happy with it now and save up for the full system. I have other places to spend the money for now anyways: suspension & replacement slipper for starters. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Wow! :eek: Just a wealth of info today! :D

I figured as much, both on the hard to find and on the cost aspect.

I'll just be happy with it now and save up for the full system. I have other places to spend the money for now anyways: suspension & replacement slipper for starters. :rolleyes:
You know that bike has a slipper from the factory, right? And it can work quite well. Better plates (surflex) and it will rock and roll.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know that bike has a slipper from the factory, right? And it can work quite well. Better plates (surflex) and it will rock and roll.
Yes, but it's just a ramp style and not a ball bearing/ramp style.

However, after taking the bike to the track yesterday, I will agree, it's ok, for the time being. Still interested in a replacement in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts