Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi .
i have this ducati tail section and i need to know if this a aftermarket or OE part ...please help me ID this ... the ad was for Bayliss edition Mono tail section

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
hi .
i have this ducati tail section and i need to know if this a aftermarket or OE part ...please help me ID this ... the ad was for Bayliss edition Mono tail section
The aftermarket one I got didn't have taillight mounts. Just all my stock tail sections have company garb and this has none.

1 vote not stock.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I tried running the part number through a couple of Ducati online stores and didn't find the part number listed or superceded, but it is definitely the same format as a Ducati number. Plus, the cowl is plastic whereas all the aftermarket ones that I know of are fiberglass or carbon. I would take a guess and say it is an original cowling that's possibly been repainted.

BTW, an unpainted 2001 and 2002 monoposto seat cowl for a 748 is listed as part number 483.3.019.2A according to the official Ducati parts manuals. ;)

Edit - Looks like a Foggy 996SPS replica tail section...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would say aftermarket as well. Did you just get that off Ebay? I was bidding on it as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks like OEM plastic as the mold lines look right but all that white overspray would make me think it was repainted as someone already said.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i just got it from eBay... but the seller didn't mention a aftermarket he listed a Bayliss edition Mono tail section? all thought this was oem part should i sen it back or keep it ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can take a pic of my Bayliss undertail tomorrow and give it to you but I can almost guarantee its not a bayliss. Mine does not have any overspray or like that at all.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the seller send me the fallowing email;
I bought it from a Ducati dealer in FL that took it off a Baylis bike. It has all the stock (tail light mount holes, seat holes, tail light wire holders.) No aftermarket tails have any of those. ??? what do you guys think ??

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I would be willing to say that it is OEM....the reinforcing webbing on the underside and the screw ports look to be Ducati OEM....usually a part # is either stamped or decaled on the part and cleared over....and this one has it. It could be a part# that is no longer available. But no aftermarket company would go as far as to make molds that have webbing, screw retainers and a part #!!! It's definately the real deal!
Nice find!:)

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I've never seen a factory piece with overspray...
Your kidding right? find a 999 w/ a white # plate rear cowl and turn it over, there's clear coat over spray every where in the inside of any 999 fairing....it's w/ o a doubt an authentic DucatiPerformance part.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No way thats off a Bayliss, I just looked at mine and it has ZERO overspray.
Besides that, the Bayliss rep is #21 not #1. Maybe an original part but not original Bayliss.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried running the part number through a couple of Ducati online stores and didn't find the part number listed or superceded, but it is definitely the same format as a Ducati number. Plus, the cowl is plastic whereas all the aftermarket ones that I know of are fiberglass or carbon. I would take a guess and say it is an original cowling that's possibly been repainted.

BTW, an unpainted 2001 and 2002 monoposto seat cowl for a 748 is listed as part number 483.3.019.2A according to the official Ducati parts manuals. ;)

Edit - Looks like a Foggy 996SPS replica tail section...

yep looks like came of a foggy 996sps not a bayliss

·
Registered
278 Posts
Its definetly not a stock paint job. The 2002 bayliss 998 s had a green stripe continuing around the number plate and the number was 21 not 1. It could have been repainted tho, but why...........so I would say no.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tail section

all the decals are permanent and clear coded .. the only sticker i was able to remove was some Italian flog and under that was Ducati 996S

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
You can tell they put the Italian flag on. Does look like the Foggy replica though. Check to see if the Ducati corse sticker on the tail is clear coated over. The screens look great on it. Be proud you don't have to deal with putting your own screens on. All in all it's a nice piece! Bolt her on and be proud. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
This Foggy replica is w/o a doubt one of the finest replica Ducati's I have ever seen......now that's something I would love to own.
Gorgeous motorcycle!
Absolutely! I think they should've painted the frame the same color as the rims though. Beautifull.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts