Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Why everyone is telling that the factory put the oil and the coolant in the bikes? It is my understanding that all import vehicles coming without liquids this is for safety and reduce weight for shipping
You misunderstood

They run the bikes on a dyno at the end of the production line. Do you imagine having to drain all the oil and coolant they just put in?

Remember the porous head recall of the multi because they used incorrect coolant at the factory?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm told it's rare for a Ducati to do a gasket? More usual is the seal behind the water pump impeller going. Is your coolant level falling? Is your oil level rising?
Hi,

My oil level is quite constant and coolant level, I checked it for the first time couple of days ago, and it seems to be a bit above minimum mark...
As I said, I left my bike at the dealer today and am waiting for info...
But told them that they must disassemble whatever it takes...and they accepted.
Because, the small oil trace is there again...after ca 30 kilometers ride...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Oh and I forgot I know a guy with a brand new multi 1260 his engine knocked on a conrod bearing and they rebuilt the engine at the dealer so yeah, forget a brand new engine.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,299 Posts
You misunderstood

Remember the porous head recall of the multi because they used incorrect coolant at the factory?
Damn right I remember that. 2 months waiting on replacement heads, valves and cylinder during my prime riding season. I was not fun to live with...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Damn right I remember that. 2 months waiting on replacement heads, valves and cylinder during my prime riding season. I was not fun to live with...
That's why I left the bike at the dealer's now...
If it is something serious, they have all time till Spring to fix it...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts