Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase my first Ducati next week, tuesday. I have found one locally at a honda/suzuki dealership about 45 minutes away and I think it is a good deal.

Here are some pics:

It has 5,500 miles on it, nothing wrong with it (according to the guy on the phone) and looks to be in great condition (aside from the stupid decals which I'll be removing)

They are asking 7,300 USD ... what do you guys think ?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Pretty decent deal. It is an '06, so best model year for the Dark model.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i'd be checking it over pretty carefully,the dent in the gas tank and sliders on the axles send red flags,looks like it has sprockets and chain though so thats good

·
Registered
62 Posts
Make sure it has the Red key, the Key code and a black key. If you get the VIN, any Ducati dealer can check the maintenance history. It is due or overdue for belts and your 6000 mile service is coming up. Ballpark is @ $1000 for that service.
If the service has been done, then it is a good deal. If you have to do it in the next month, your price just went up another $1000. Also, check those tires, especially the front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies fellas

yeah I did forget to mention it was an '06 but it seems you're already on top of that... okay so red key black key and key code

I'll be sure to ask them about the service, and can I just call a Duc' stealership and ask them about the maitenance ?

oh and regarding the sliders, do you think its been dropped ?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Key Card, not code. And if the sliders have been scratched up it is usually a pretty good indication it has been dropped. There is a dent in the tank, that would make less than 7300 for me, there are what appears to be rock protectors on the "wings" on the front fairings, but check to be sure. The quick bolts holding the upper part of the fairing on have been replaced with Zsus fasteners. I cant see anything else from the pics. The dent would be my concern. I would offer like $6800. That tank used is like $400 for a good condition one.

·
Registered
681 Posts
eh i dunno how good of a deal that is, especially since its right on the verge of its 6k mile service, which will be pricey...you might as well add another 700-1200 bucks on to the price of the bike

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
eh i dunno how good of a deal that is, especially since its right on the verge of its 6k mile service, which will be pricey...you might as well add another 700-1200 bucks on to the price of the bike
Yeah, forgot to say something about that too. If it still needs the service, talk them into paying for the service for you.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
YOU DO NOT WANT THAT BIKE!
i looked at that bike and hada a deposit on it a few months back until i found the owner. i spoke to the guy and he traded it because its ragged, and needs an entire top end. he laughed and joked about how badly he ragged that bike
so on top of the $1300 6k service, plan on a bunch of motor work in the future.
i found him on the website decals listed on the bike, so u can find for yourself if you dont believe me. those are rare around here, so that bike was recognized by many people.
i wound picking up the same bike from the original owner in jacksonville, for even less than that, so be patient and keep your eyes open

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think those are some sort of stupid decals on the front farings (why anyone riding a ducati on the street would muck it up with stickers is beyond me)

When I get up there to see it I'll be sure to inspect the tank and the sliders to see if she's been dropped... as well as try and haggle the price and get the 6K service included or paid for

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YOU DO NOT WANT THAT BIKE!
i looked at that bike and hada a deposit on it a few months back until i found the owner. i spoke to the guy and he traded it because its ragged, and needs an entire top end. he laughed and joked about how badly he ragged that bike
so on top of the $1300 6k service, plan on a bunch of motor work in the future.
i found him on the website decals listed on the bike, so u can find for yourself if you dont believe me. those are rare around here, so that bike was recognized by many people.
i wound picking up the same bike from the original owner in jacksonville, for even less than that, so be patient and keep your eyes open
holy shit I'm so glad I posted here and you replied... thank you so much for saving me from a huge mistake

I am trading for my bike so I'll have to find a pre-owned at a dealership but at least it wont be this bike!!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
holy shit I'm so glad I posted here and you replied... thank you so much for saving me from a huge mistake

I am trading for my bike so I'll have to find a pre-owned at a dealership but at least it wont be this bike!!
thats what got me excited at first. i was gonna trade in a bike, but after i did a little resaerch it quickly went down hill. i looked at that bike back in dec 08, and it has had a sold sign on it several times there at powersports, so its been there and is STILL there for a reason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts