1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Synergy said:
My local duc shop has an 05 99R going for $24,995 go figure. I would say thats high.

Try Kelly Blue book. I entered the dealers zip code and they give a retail value of that bike for $17,055

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.mr?kbb.WI;522376;WI089&53080;rc;r&&2002;Ducati;998%20R;42999;26890;;;;&&&&&
May I disagree...

I have observed that Kelly Blue Book (KBB) valuation on bikes, particularly these exclusive bikes like the 998R, are totally inaccurate and do not respresent the true market.

Apparently KBB derives their data from periodically collecting sales information on the bikes from dealerships across the country (please correct me if I am wrong) ... my best guess as to why their figures are inaccurate is because the data collected does not reflect complete information on the bikes sold... and as we know the condition of the bikes is an important criterion of value, particularly on exclusive bikes ... just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
migz123 said:
May I disagree...

I have observed that Kelly Blue Book (KBB) valuation on bikes, particularly these exclusive bikes like the 998R, are totally inaccurate and do not respresent the true market.

Apparently KBB derives their data from periodically collecting sales information on the bikes from dealerships across the country (please correct me if I am wrong) ... my best guess as to why their figures are inaccurate is because the data collected does not reflect complete information on the bikes sold... and as we know the condition of the bikes is an important criterion of value, particularly on exclusive bikes ... just my $0.02.
I agree. I don't think the Kelly Blue Book is relevant when it comes to the "R" models. Its what the market dictates, supply and demand. The Kelly estimate is low and the dealer price seems a little high. BTW, the 998R wasn't the first Testestretta motor as the dealer claims, wasn't it the 996R?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
nice bike with alot of nice kit added to it....but that price seems a bit...well...pricey to say the least!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts