Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
494 Posts
The other option which is somewhat cheaper is OBDSTAR OBDSTAR iScan Ducati Motorcycle Diagnostic Scanner
Still not cheap, but compared to the cost of visiting Ducati dealerships it would end up being cheaper if you keep the bike for a while, and you could also use it on other peoples bikes for a small fee (same applies to the Texa) added benefits of key coding etc.

· Registered
107 Posts
It think the openflash tablet will clear it. It clears codes. I don’t own one so I’m not 100%. There are some members here that have the openflash for SFV4.

· Registered
1,375 Posts
The other option which is somewhat cheaper is OBDSTAR OBDSTAR iScan Ducati Motorcycle Diagnostic Scanner
Still not cheap, but compared to the cost of visiting Ducati dealerships it would end up being cheaper if you keep the bike for a while, and you could also use it on other peoples bikes for a small fee (same applies to the Texa) added benefits of key coding etc.
THIS!! Absolutely works and does a ton more.

· Registered
1,375 Posts
It think the openflash tablet will clear it. It clears codes. I don’t own one so I’m not 100%. There are some members here that have the openflash for SFV4.
He set it up to do the initial oil light, but never finished the Desmo service light deal. He's working on a Panigale tune now, but Shiv had a bad year so many projects got delayed. I run his tune on the SF and it's fantastic

Reactions: Desmo749

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I will look into this.

On a side note, does anyone know if the MY23 electronic updates can be applied to MY22 or previous?
I asked Ducati NA & they said the usual 'a tech won't know until it's plugged into the DDS'.

· Registered
1,375 Posts
Thanks guys, I will look into this.

On a side note, does anyone know if the MY23 electronic updates can be applied to MY22 or previous?
I asked Ducati NA & they said the usual 'a tech won't know until it's plugged into the DDS'.
There was a thread in here where someone did it, but it largely depended on the dealer being willing to.....

I hope they just make it a for fee service like the older Evo TC updates on the 1299 series.

Reactions: djhartm
1 - 16 of 16 Posts