Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to know if dynojet makes a powercommander v (5) for the 2000 Ducati 900ss.? The 1.5m computer. All I see available is the powercommander III (3). I am interested in the autotune kit available for the pc5. Just had the heads ported, throttle bodies modified and a giannelli exhaust added, so a new map is necessary.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
920 Posts
What did you do to the throttle bodies if you don't mind me asking. I've got a motor on the bench getting 'breathed on' right now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had custom butterflies fabricated and had the butterfly shaft machined thinner to increase flow. Also had them taper bored (about 1mm larger). My machinist was amazed at the differences of the two bores.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only the PCIII that doesn't support autotune. I see a trip to the dyno in your future!!

Regards

Kurt
Yeah, thats what I figured. About $400 for the dyno-tune + $350 for the PCIII. I will get each cylinder mapped individually.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I had custom butterflies fabricated and had the butterfly shaft machined thinner to increase flow. Also had them taper bored (about 1mm larger). My machinist was amazed at the differences of the two bores.
Thanks, a bit too far for my wallet. I'll have a look at them and see if there is any improvements to be made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts