Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada 1200 S
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love, love everything I see feel and hear about my bike, but I must admit I am almost embarrassed by the stock horn. Frankly, it sounds like squeezing a rubber duck and is not compatible with the image of the bike.

So, is there a good aftermarket horn for the Multistrada that gives this bike the voice it deserves?

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada 1200 S
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, sounds good (see what I did there?), I'll check it out.

Yes, I meant finding the right horn that suits the character and image of this bike. I mean, just idling slowly through traffic, my bike with the Arrow exhaust has an enormous presence and I feel like the Terminator on it and everyone takes notice. But that bubble is brutally pierced if I need to touch the horn, ie Terminator turns into 40-year old virgin, if you see what I mean.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had several bikes that I fitted with the Stebel Nautilus over the years. That horn really commands some attention! A relay is necessary and mounting can be challenging, but it's worth it in the end.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I've used Denali Sound Bombs, unit and separate versions, Denali Sound Bomb Mini, and Stebel Nautilus on different bikes. All are great. Mini is the easiest to install. The others require heavier wiring and relays, and creative mounting, but the sound is worth it to me.
I've got a SoundBomb mounted inside the fairing of my 939SS. Split SoundBomb mounted in the Speed Screen and front down tubes of my FXDLS. SoundBomb on my '14 PP where the carbon canister was. Stebel on the '20 MTS on a custom bracket by the evap canister. SoundBomb Mini on my wife's F750GS in the stock horns position.
Stay away from the WOLO, which looks like the stebel. Died within a year, never got to use it in anger..

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
The dual Stebel's are very good as are dual Fiamm horns--you need 2--a high tone & a low tone and will scare people that are deaf

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Love, love everything I see feel and hear about my bike, but I must admit I am almost embarrassed by the stock horn. Frankly, it sounds like squeezing a rubber duck and is not compatible with the image of the bike.

So, is there a good aftermarket horn for the Multistrada that gives this bike the voice it deserves?

View attachment 1025216
I second the Denali Sound bomb. It is as loud as the Stebel and seems to be more durable.

I put a Stebel on my previous MTS but it was in a place where it got wet and only lasted on ride in the rain until it was DOA. There's not much room under the plastic but try to put whatever horn you choose up and away from the spray off the front tire.

That said, I have an extra Denali Sound bomb and if you want it, make me an offer by PM.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I put Elchrn Magnum horns on my 2010 multi. They just fit under each side's tank plastic.

Sounds like my granddads '65 Buick.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've outfitted two of my bikes including my MTS with the Denali sound bomb mini, super easy swap from OEM and it does what you want it to do very effectively.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts