Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada 1200 S
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love, love everything I see feel and hear about my bike, but I must admit I am almost embarrassed by the stock horn. Frankly, it sounds like squeezing a rubber duck and is not compatible with the image of the bike.

So, is there a good aftermarket horn for the Multistrada that gives this bike the voice it deserves?

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada 1200 S
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, sounds good (see what I did there?), I'll check it out.

Yes, I meant finding the right horn that suits the character and image of this bike. I mean, just idling slowly through traffic, my bike with the Arrow exhaust has an enormous presence and I feel like the Terminator on it and everyone takes notice. But that bubble is brutally pierced if I need to touch the horn, ie Terminator turns into 40-year old virgin, if you see what I mean.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Reactions: Spike01

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had several bikes that I fitted with the Stebel Nautilus over the years. That horn really commands some attention! A relay is necessary and mounting can be challenging, but it's worth it in the end.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I've used Denali Sound Bombs, unit and separate versions, Denali Sound Bomb Mini, and Stebel Nautilus on different bikes. All are great. Mini is the easiest to install. The others require heavier wiring and relays, and creative mounting, but the sound is worth it to me.
I've got a SoundBomb mounted inside the fairing of my 939SS. Split SoundBomb mounted in the Speed Screen and front down tubes of my FXDLS. SoundBomb on my '14 PP where the carbon canister was. Stebel on the '20 MTS on a custom bracket by the evap canister. SoundBomb Mini on my wife's F750GS in the stock horns position.
Stay away from the WOLO, which looks like the stebel. Died within a year, never got to use it in anger..

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
The dual Stebel's are very good as are dual Fiamm horns--you need 2--a high tone & a low tone and will scare people that are deaf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts