Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was tearing down my master to chase an issue (turned out the master was good) however in the process the dust cover broke off. is it ok to leave it without? i'm very careful when i wash my bike,

ducati monster 620

·
Registered
698 Posts
Are you talking about the rubber boot inside the cap? If so, my understanding is that it's primary purpose is to keep air (and especially the moisture in that air) away from the brake fluid, so I would say that yes, it is quite necessary.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the rubber boot inside the cap? If so, my understanding is that it's primary purpose is to keep air (and especially the moisture in that air) away from the brake fluid, so I would say that yes, it is quite necessary.
Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about the dust cover that sits below the snap on o ring, the one with a hole for the pin rod.

Isn't the rubber o ring the one to keep moisture out?

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
The only advice I will ever give you on brakes is to fix it right.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Check the Ducati breakers on eBay.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It's only your brakes mate--how lucky do you feel--those things only make your bike stop properly. --Use that thing sitting on top of your neck----

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
No, you’re not, LS. Just a little vague. Is the master a Brembo ? Maybe you could source one there.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
contact Brembo directly, If it is a Brembo part. They still sell parts that are NLA from Ducati. I am a Brembo dealer but in The U.S.--I order parts that you cannot purchase any longer from Ducati. All you need to do is find a Dealer where you live

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
contact Brembo directly, If it is a Brembo part. They still sell parts that are NLA from Ducati. I am a Brembo dealer but in The U.S.--I order parts that you cannot purchase any longer from Ducati. All you need to do is find a Dealer where you live
alright i send em an email, hopefully they have it.

·
Super Moderator
5,079 Posts
For what it's worth. That boot cracked and fell off my ST3 about 7 years ago. I gently wash the bike, and try not to ride in the rain. Never had an issue. I too, can't find a suitable replacement part.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For what it's worth. That boot cracked and fell off my ST3 about 7 years ago. I gently wash the bike, and try not to ride in the rain. Never had an issue. I too, can't find a suitable replacement part.
Wow 7 years? Thanks a lot dude, that's very reassuring. I too wash her carefully

·
Registered
878 Posts
i'm not the retard who provides zero valid explanation in a post am I? Your reply is useless and a waste of time
No, you're not, you're the guy who messed with it and broke it.
Asking for help you're going to get all sorts of answers, you should be grateful you're getting replies.
The dust boot keeps moisture, dirt and debris out, so the bore of the cylinder isn't compromised and the fluid remains stable for longer. The O ring keeps fluid in. They need to work together to make the M/cyl reliable.
Brembo don't sell spares deliberately to keep untrained people from fiddling with them and compromising safety.

In short, don't fuck with it, buy a new one and put it down to a lesson learned.

And using the term Retard is offensive on so many levels, don't be a fuckhead.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, you're not, you're the guy who messed with it and broke it.
Asking for help you're going to get all sorts of answers, you should be grateful you're getting replies.
The dust boot keeps moisture, dirt and debris out, so the bore of the cylinder isn't compromised and the fluid remains stable for longer. The O ring keeps fluid in. They need to work together to make the M/cyl reliable.
Brembo don't sell spares deliberately to keep untrained people from fiddling with them and compromising safety.

In short, don't fuck with it, buy a new one and put it down to a lesson learned.

And using the term Retard is offensive on so many levels, don't be a fuckhead.
Well maybe the guy should learn how to speak to strangers and he won't be called a retard how about that? He came here talking shit for. No. Reason, so that's what he gets.

"Brembo don't sell spares deliberately to keep untrained people from fiddling with them and compromising safety."

Bud, it's 13 years old, rubber doesn't age well. I took it out like. You're supposed to and it broke, boo hoo, nothing to. Do. With being uNTrAiNeD.

You ever heard of a master rebuild. Yep, the one where you have to tear your master down to. Change seals, yep, that's what I did, I changed the o ring inside as I was. Able to find it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I vaguely remember someone finding them on KTM parts fische.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts