Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,733 Posts
Unless you have an iron ass, wrists, back and have eyes in the back of your head, NO. However, great for splitting traffic though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
Do you drive your ferrarie to work or not?...
Is it worth the pleasure of putting miles on her or simply cool factor? Lifes choices. I live and work minutes away so its not a question of I should answer.

For me its the weekend ride and mid week night ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,235 Posts
waltman said:
Is the 999 good for commuting?
... "Good" in relation to what? :D

In relation to other bikes in the universe, the simple answer is NO. There are a hundred better bikes that are far better for that purpose.

If you have no other ride to work... then the simple answer is YES. It will get you to work :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,212 Posts
migz123 said:
... "Good" in relation to what? :D

In relation to other bikes in the universe, the simple answer is NO. There are a hundred better bikes that are far better for that purpose.

If you have no other ride to work... then the simple answer is YES. It will get you to work :D
+1
True DAT!

I use my 748 in the summer. hard as h*ll clutch, warm like no other. doesn´t like stops, danger off overheating.

Just plain lovely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
all opinion, i haven't bought a bike since 2000, cause i was waiting for another ducati.... i would ride no other bike, besides a chopper (that different though)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
John said:
Unless you have an iron ass, wrists, back and have eyes in the back of your head, NO.
And add the fun of having your inner thigh/ass really close to a super-hot exhaust pipe...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CKvBP said:
I think the best reply is the simplest:

BAHAHAHAHHAHHHAAAA HHAAAHHAAAA BAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA AHHAHHAHHAHHAA!!!!
Muhahahaha, ROFL

Thank you guys for the honest answers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,136 Posts
From what I've heard I'd say a 999 is good at commuting, if compared with the 916 series bike......... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
who cares you will lick sick on it! i'll be using my 916 almost daily
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I did it. I loved my 999 and while there are many many other bikes more suited for commuting I still did it. 30 minute ride. My wrists got stronger and I didnt really care about the mileage because I bought the bike to ride it. I probably rode it to work 2 - 3 days out of the week.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,733 Posts
Der_Teufel said:
I did it. I loved my 999 and while there are many many other bikes more suited for commuting I still did it. 30 minute ride. My wrists got stronger and I didnt really care about the mileage because I bought the bike to ride it. I probably rode it to work 2 - 3 days out of the week.

OK, but were you in Los Angeles traffic for 3 hours a day? I can do a 30 minute ride on my torture rack 916 without a problem. I'm talking about a real commute here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
you just answered you own question....... don't get it then
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,545 Posts
On the other hand, I would have no problem commuting on my 998 if I was still working. Depends on who you are and what you like.

bruce19
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
I ride 7 days a week rain or shine,alternate between the 749 and the 996.

you might be a little stiff the first week but after that youll be stoked as you pass everyone in style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
I ride my 998 50 miles to work and back every day weather permitting. I don't understand the problems people have in using their ducati as a commuter. I had a 750 ss before this one and used it just the same. I have heard the 999 is even more comfortable and relible then the 998 series.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
John said:
OK, but were you in Los Angeles traffic for 3 hours a day? I can do a 30 minute ride on my torture rack 916 without a problem. I'm talking about a real commute here.
Yes, los angeles traffic, 35 mile distance, took me anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top