Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Like Stoner said the direction Moto GP racing is heading It would be great to see Rossi switch to WSBK. Would love to see him and Max duel it out again. Probably never going to happen, but it's nice to dream.

If things remain the same in Moto GP next year is going to be a Lorenzo run away show. Lots of folks are now crying about how boring MotoGP is. Just wait till next year with Stoner gone no one is going to touch Lorenzo. I've already crowned him 2014 Moto GP Champ. :)

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,888 Posts
Funny how no one complained how boring it was when you know who was winning race after race, year after year.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
What I failed to understand is why Ducati continues on with MotoGP when it's obvious that MotoGP's intentions are to go with a spec bike series. It doesn't matter when it happens....a few years....this GP effort by Ducati is a waste of money which could allocated else where...maybe supporting a few AMA teams.
IMO Pegram had a realistic chance to take the 1198R to an AMA Superbike championship a few years ago, but Ducati pulled the plug on that. Now Ducshop is struggling, probably done for the year....I mean the USA is Ducati 2nd largest market(?) and they can't field even 1 AMA effort or offer some support cash? Does anyone else find it shocking that Ducati doesn't field an AMA effort in the US?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Marlboro and the other sponsors pay for the Motogp effort, Ducati would probably have to pay for the AMA effort. They get more exposure worldwide through motogp.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I understand that the sponsorship money is ear marked for MotoGP racing. I would think that would loosen up "other" monies somewhere which could be allocated towards AMA racing.
None of us know Ducati's finances, but to completely uninvolved in the US market is ashame.
I'm hoping the 1199 will be more "maintenance friendly" and a few AMA teams will pick it up next year....FBF possibly?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts