Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, need some "earth to Dietrich" grounding here.

Is it wrong that I am sitting at my desk, sneaking on Ducati forums, trying to hide a big cheesy grin just thinking of twisting the grip to loft the front wheel of grandpa's tractor across intersections in my work slacks and loafers at lunch?

Is it wrong that I'm flat broke and trying to figure out how many credit cards I could finish maxing out to build the motor I want? And for what? An even lumpier idle and mo powah, to get in even more potential trouble on the street with?

Is it wrong that I'm thinking of converting the bike to a monoposto... screw picking up chicks.

I need a cure, and I don't think more cowbell is going to do it. :abduct:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yup, you're throughly hooked. You need an intervention! Then again, so do I.

I say, "Do it!"

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
... screw picking up chicks.
i think you have that line backwards :rolleyes:

oh, and based on the current state of my bike and finances (an inverse proportion) i'm probably the wrong person to say anything about your addictions...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I think there is only one thing to do to cure this: go for a ride... don't sit around on your computer too much...

oh, and guess what, there just happens to be THE ride of the year coming up in two weeks... :D

keep it together D. keep it together...

we're in this mess with you...

here's what you could do to get more bling: toss your bike on the ground and do an insurance claim... (I did not just write these words... just kidding....)

See you soon!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's what you could do to get more bling: toss your bike on the ground and do an insurance claim... (I did not just write these words... just kidding....)
"I don't know, the bird just came out of nowhere and flew straight into my cam belts. Motor is toast. Yes, it came that way from the factory...." ;)

Yeah, maybe I'm just getting antsy for the Santa Cruz run...

Sounds like I just need to meditate and let the credit purchases, wheel lofting, and spirited runs flow as they may...don't fight it or force it. :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dietrich,

Plenty of good Red wine will cure your doubts.
But on the question of turning the GT into a single seater, I'm with you. I love riding this bike. The few passengers I've had onboard have turned the bike into like driving a bus. I am not a craftsman but I,m going to do it somehow. Whats your plan

·
Registered
413 Posts
DP - nothing wrong with your line of thinking. I am however proud of myself for not emailing WASP about the Power-up kit yet - it might be "almost" affordable.
I did just buy Ciccio's custom mono seat from his old GT- just trying to get the gray paint matched on the cowl- not an easy job here. (just tried to find a pic of the seat - all gone :eek:)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
DP... do it.... tinkering with our bikes helps balance some of the pressures of life and gives us a sense of achievement. Besides, we all love seeing what you create because you do such a good job of it all!.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Who am I to tell the man no!

I've a got a extra 2V motor thats cranked up to a 966cc with the Canadians red heads and I'm drooling over putting it into a XX9 frame.

Hello Ebay!!!!!! Here I come for some parts to tinker with! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts