Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
The only bike I regret owning is the only one I sold. I traded one in and sold a basket case but they don't count. Keep it

·
Registered
981 Posts
Ah. The society of pancakes. Complex.
So is that chest of drawers on the left your pancake dewey decimal filing system, or the actual library itself?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks!! What a cool community board! Moto Station in Salt Lake City recommended I ask here -and yep; good!
Don't fool yourself.. we're just a bunch of old grumps. You just caught us shut in, starved for attention and with too much time on our hands.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've generally just come to the conclusion that 2 bikes is enough for me. One for the track, one for the road. In a pinch I could get by with one. I think at one point I had 4 in the garage and it was just a stupid waste of space and maintenance.

BTW, I'm trying super hard to understand the relevant talk of pancakes. Hmmm.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The very minute after it's gone, you will miss it.
And, really, can you have too many?

·
Registered
981 Posts
we're not worthy... love how the Kawi is in the corner in timeout.

·
Bon Vivant
10,912 Posts
we're not worthy... love how the Kawi is in the corner in timeout.
Here's the funny thing - I've sold almost all of those bikes and I do indeed regret selling every one of them, and if I could turn back time I would not do it. At least not for many more years. I've now replaced them with a new group of bikes but I did sell before I was really ready.

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
I regret every bike I’ve ever sold, and most of the cars too.

·
Registered
877 Posts
It's a lot easier to buy stuff than sell it!
I have bought and sold bikes and cars over the years and while i know you can't possibly keep them all there's still regret when letting any of them go
except a Harley, i regretted buying that POS, couldn't wait to get it out of my life.....

That Monster is very tidy, if you don't need the cash don't sell it, once you have your new bike you will know in a few months whether it needs to go or not, no hurry in deciding.

·
Registered
981 Posts
It's an unsolvable dilemma my wife doesnt understand. I mean, how do you let loose any of em when theyre all the perfect ride for at least one road or trail somewhere, and their stablemates can never match up. sigh, to be so misunderstood.. even my FXDC - inept s an old porch dog, but perfect for AZ's lazy highways loaded with unmarked cops. You need a bike that's rewarding to ride slow here.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The very minute after it's gone, you will miss it.
And, really, can you have too many?
Well you can certainly run out of space. Not all of us live in mansions where we park our 10 motorcycles in the living room.

I actually found myself thinking that if I sold my truck and got a mini cooper I could fit several more bikes in the garage. then going further get my wife one too and the whole back wall of may garage could be lined with bikes. But for now, 2 is ok and 3 is really tight.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well you can certainly run out of space. Not all of us live in mansions where we park our 10 motorcycles in the living room.
You gotta get yo priorities right man! Screw the mansion, gimme a giant garage and an acetylene torch to heat up my coffee. Now that's a "house". I once successfully negotiated with the powers that be to put the MV in the living room, but I fear that the allowed period for me to do that has since lapsed.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Years ago I hosted my brother’s ‘63 Corvette convertible for a few years. But squeezing in a street bike and a dirt bike between 2 cars got to be a drag. Then the burn started for a Moto Guzzi V11LeMans, so the Vette had to go back to the brother to make room for 3rd bike. Ya gotta set your priorities...

·
Registered
2010 Monster 696
3 Posts
I would definately keep it. I plan to do that with my 2010 M696. Looking to get an 821 or 1200 and will still keep the M696, as I really like it, and it's not worth much anyways. Can never have too many Ducati's! I especially like the yellow color too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
epilogue/conclusion

Well, I bought the new one (found a once-in-a-decade-deal Street Triple RS) and after riding it, which was utterly amazing and strangely foreign at the same time, I realized that the air-cooled monster is unique and something to be savored -even if it is 20 years from now that I do. I would have regretted losing it. Thanks all!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Good stuff, now throw a 1000 or 1100 DS motor in her & wheelie off into the sunset 😝

21 - 39 of 39 Posts