Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday was the first day I took the bike out for a "real" ride. I have a stock base set up and had the reflash at the 1st service. Combined with my lack of time and pissy weather, I have been doing 50 mile jaunts etc but I have never put the bike thru its paces in a spirited way. I took 250+ mile ride yesterday with one stop and I averaged 90-100mph. Now I have a whopping 1010 miles on my odometer. Maybe it's in my head, but when I pulled back into the garage after the days ride, the bike sounded a little more "robust" meaning there was a louder exhaust note and the bike just seemed to sound different, like it was more alive. I have read on the this board that Ducati's come from the factory a little "tight" and it takes about thousand miles or so for it to loosen up. My question is, do Ducati's get better with more mileage and the sounds I am hearing are that, or is it all in my head?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've noticed the same thing...

Yesterday was the first day I took the bike out for a "real" ride. I have a stock base set up and had the reflash at the 1st service. Combined with my lack of time and pissy weather, I have been doing 50 mile jaunts etc but I have never put the bike thru its paces in a spirited way. Yesterday I took 250+ mile ride yesterday with one stop and I averaged 90-100mph. Now I have a whopping 1010 miles on my odometer. Maybe it's in my head, but when I pulled back into the garage after the days ride, the bike sounded a little more "robust" meaning there was a louder exhaust note and the bike just seemed to sound different, like it was more alive. I have read on the this board that Ducati's come from the factory a little "tight" and it takes about thousand miles or so for it to loosen up. My question is, do Ducati's get better with more mileage and the sounds I am hearing are that, or is it all in my head?
I have just over 600 miles on my SFs and since 500 mi or so it feels snappier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts