Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Is it a 2009 Sport 1000 Biposto or GT1000

2286 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  NExE
Bought a new 2009 Sport 1000 and when I called my insurance to transfer over, Sport 1K was not a choice. Gave VIN and in the mail came my insurance card and statement, the Moto is listed as a GT1000. I go on Ducati.com to see which centerstand is for the Sport 1K and it is not a 2009 option. (the MFG sticker shows a Jan '09 date.)

So the question is do I use the GT1000 centerstand?

500 miles in on my 1st Duck and this is what I know.
1. Servo assist start - Awesome!
2. Phantom Tires - Are #!%&$!
(PP CT2 or BT016 are on the short list.)
3. Tank spreading already.
(Saw and bought the SK1 w/out researching first.)
4. Regrets? Not a [email protected] one!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MCNews Retro Revival

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. Doesn't matter what the insurance companies want to call it, the VIN is the VIN.

Besides, I just finished reading November's Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN) and they tested the 2009 Ducati Sport 1000 Biposto. I am not averaging 49.9 MPG though (44MPG for me.) I thought the '09 did get the Siemens EFI? Just validates my FatDuc O2 purchase for the lean stumbling off throttle. (and is probably why I lost a few MPG.) There nit-picking on the Sport Classic are well threaded here, Tires, Rims, EFI, Gearing.

Going with a GT1000 centerstand and will mod or ditch the lift handle, with no side panels the frame is right there to grab.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.