Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Is it a 2009 Sport 1000 Biposto or GT1000

2288 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  NExE
Bought a new 2009 Sport 1000 and when I called my insurance to transfer over, Sport 1K was not a choice. Gave VIN and in the mail came my insurance card and statement, the Moto is listed as a GT1000. I go on Ducati.com to see which centerstand is for the Sport 1K and it is not a 2009 option. (the MFG sticker shows a Jan '09 date.)

So the question is do I use the GT1000 centerstand?

500 miles in on my 1st Duck and this is what I know.
1. Servo assist start - Awesome!
2. Phantom Tires - Are #!%&$!
(PP CT2 or BT016 are on the short list.)
3. Tank spreading already.
(Saw and bought the SK1 w/out researching first.)
4. Regrets? Not a [email protected] one!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· unM0derator
2,800 Posts
Bought a new 2009 Sport 1000 and when I called my insurance to transfer over, Sport 1K was not a choice. Gave VIN and in the mail came my insurance card and statement, the Moto is listed as a GT1000. I go on Ducati.com to see which centerstand is for the Sport 1K and it is not a 2009 option. (the MFG sticker shows a Jan '09 date.)

So the question is do I use the GT1000 centerstand?

500 miles in on my 1st Duck and this is what I know.
1. Servo assist start - Awesome!
2. Phantom Tires - Are #!%&$!
(PP CT2 or BT016 are on the short list.)
3. Tank spreading already.
(Saw and bought the SK1 w/out researching first.)
4. Regrets? Not a [email protected] one!
VIN codes may have been shuffled around to make room for new models and they consolidated the list by removing models that aren't being produced anymore (but are still sold from existing stock).

There are two center stands. One is for the Monoposto, and the other is for the GT. It has to do with the clearance for the exhaust and pegs, and the mounting location of the lift handle.

WBW speculated that neither kit would work without modification on the Biposto, but I have not heard of anyone attempting to do so. I would think that the mounting bracket for the lift handle would have to be altered to work on the BIP, but I'm not sure that the GT kit has the correct clearances for the exhaust.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/gt-1000/center-stand

Edit:

Found an older thread about possibly creating this part: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=35551

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.