Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 2009 Sport 1000 and when I called my insurance to transfer over, Sport 1K was not a choice. Gave VIN and in the mail came my insurance card and statement, the Moto is listed as a GT1000. I go on Ducati.com to see which centerstand is for the Sport 1K and it is not a 2009 option. (the MFG sticker shows a Jan '09 date.)

So the question is do I use the GT1000 centerstand?

500 miles in on my 1st Duck and this is what I know.
1. Servo assist start - Awesome!
2. Phantom Tires - Are #!%&$!
(PP CT2 or BT016 are on the short list.)
3. Tank spreading already.
(Saw and bought the SK1 w/out researching first.)
4. Regrets? Not a [email protected] one!

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Bought a new 2009 Sport 1000 and when I called my insurance to transfer over, Sport 1K was not a choice. Gave VIN and in the mail came my insurance card and statement, the Moto is listed as a GT1000. I go on Ducati.com to see which centerstand is for the Sport 1K and it is not a 2009 option. (the MFG sticker shows a Jan '09 date.)

So the question is do I use the GT1000 centerstand?

500 miles in on my 1st Duck and this is what I know.
1. Servo assist start - Awesome!
2. Phantom Tires - Are #!%&$!
(PP CT2 or BT016 are on the short list.)
3. Tank spreading already.
(Saw and bought the SK1 w/out researching first.)
4. Regrets? Not a [email protected] one!
VIN codes may have been shuffled around to make room for new models and they consolidated the list by removing models that aren't being produced anymore (but are still sold from existing stock).

There are two center stands. One is for the Monoposto, and the other is for the GT. It has to do with the clearance for the exhaust and pegs, and the mounting location of the lift handle.

WBW speculated that neither kit would work without modification on the Biposto, but I have not heard of anyone attempting to do so. I would think that the mounting bracket for the lift handle would have to be altered to work on the BIP, but I'm not sure that the GT kit has the correct clearances for the exhaust.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/gt-1000/center-stand

Edit:

Found an older thread about possibly creating this part: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=35551

·
Registered
246 Posts
When I originally got insurance for my 08 Bipo the card said Sport 1000. When I got my new card it now says GT1000.

I called and they said that Sport 1000 was not listed. They also said that it doesn't make any difference if anything happens but put a note on my account. I use Farmers.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I had the same issue when I registered my Sport 1000 with my insurance company. They could find the GT1000, but not the Sport 1000. They didn't seem to mind the discrepancy, and from other quotes I have found, the rates on the GT1000 are very close to the Sport 1000, anyway (it's the same bike in most respects, after all). Even after providing them with the VIN number and details, my insurance still says GT1000. *shrug*

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MCNews Retro Revival

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. Doesn't matter what the insurance companies want to call it, the VIN is the VIN.

Besides, I just finished reading November's Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN) and they tested the 2009 Ducati Sport 1000 Biposto. I am not averaging 49.9 MPG though (44MPG for me.) I thought the '09 did get the Siemens EFI? Just validates my FatDuc O2 purchase for the lean stumbling off throttle. (and is probably why I lost a few MPG.) There nit-picking on the Sport Classic are well threaded here, Tires, Rims, EFI, Gearing.

Going with a GT1000 centerstand and will mod or ditch the lift handle, with no side panels the frame is right there to grab.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts