Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7,733 Posts
Just put a cap on spending and let the teams spend it on what they like. :)

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
they have all lost the plot ..........

how can they expect to maintain their fan base with all this bullshit ?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Honda isn't going anywhere. There is no way Honda is going to forfeit the premier class title to Yamaha. Way too much pride at stake.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Honda isn't going anywhere. There is no way Honda is going to forfeit the premier class title to Yamaha. Way too much pride at stake.
I dunno, could be the ultimate f**k you to Dorna if Honda pull the pin.
It would leave Yamaha, Ducati & CRTS.
You could hardly call it the Premier class anymore.

This wouldn't be the first time a team took it's bat & ball and went elsewhere to play.

Craig

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
the funny thing here is if dorna caves to honda, then honda obviously is running moto gp.
people forget (or never knew) that it was Honda that pushed for the four stroke switch. And then the switch to 800's. Why would they want this? Because they are the only ones with the dosh to absorb yet another round of from-scratch development.

I hope they do leave. For the same reason I hoped Ducati would leave at the end of this season. Rules upon rules making the box smaller and smaller. If you want it to be a 'riders' championship only, contract some crappy chinese scooter maker to build a fleet of identical 'sport bike' looking contraptions and let fly. Let GP die a quick one instead of a slow one.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I dunno, could be the ultimate f**k you to Dorna if Honda pull the pin.
It would leave Yamaha, Ducati & CRTS.
You could hardly call it the Premier class anymore.

This wouldn't be the first time a team took it's bat & ball and went elsewhere to play.

Craig
If Honda withdraw it opens the door to a lot of factories who dont have the financial resources to battle the giants. Honda pull out, Aprilia, BMW, KTM, Suzuki and Kawasaki could likely rejoin if the rules package made it less exorbitant to compete.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts