Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scraping too much exhaust in corners and broke off 3 levers.

my bike is too low? im 190 lbs.

how much shock is showing above tripole on stock bike? i got bike used so.....

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know if it is lowered or not but holy crap that exhaust is ground down lol. Is that from street riding or track? Maybe try to get your body off the bike more so you can give it a little less lean angle.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
You’ll have to verify in a workshop manual but I’d say yes, it’s been lowered. If you’re tall enough, raise the rear, then you can raise the front and keep the same geometry and gain ground clearance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You’ll have to verify in a workshop manual but I’d say yes, it’s been lowered. If you’re tall enough, raise the rear, then you can raise the front and keep the same geometry and gain ground clearance.
found it. its stock height.
and looks like rear is maxed out.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't know if it is lowered or not but holy crap that exhaust is ground down lol. Is that from street riding or track? Maybe try to get your body off the bike more so you can give it a little less lean angle.
just couple trackdays. sucks to bring extra shift levers with you to the track )

·
Registered
158 Posts
You probably need to have the suspension set up for you. Not just add more preload to the shock. If you are 190lbs you are at the top of the spectrum as far OEM stuff goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You probably need to have the suspension set up for you. Not just add more preload to the shock. If you are 190lbs you are at the top of the spectrum as far OEM stuff goes.

i had dave moss clicked my suspension at the track thats it.. Or by setup you mean change rear and front springs or maybe all forks and rear shock?

·
Registered
158 Posts
i had dave moss clicked my suspension at the track thats it.. Or by setup you mean change rear and front springs or maybe all forks and rear shock?

You need someone to check the Static and Dynamic sag of the motorcycle. Once you see where those figures fall you can determine if it requires spring replacement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You need someone to check the Static and Dynamic sag of the motorcycle. Once you see where those figures fall you can determine if it requires spring replacement.

Did some googling and seems like evo suspension is not great. i thought it was top of the line monster - evo , gold front shocks and yellow rear shock lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Ohlins would of been better but you can still make what you have work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
sag(lifted bike vs rider on) is 25mm rear and 50mm front, front springs preloaded at max, , no wonder on braking bike would dive forward. i guess will have to change springs. took me 5 years to do it

Anybody fitted stock 848/1098 rear shock on 1100 evo, should fit with evo spring? also R1 up to 2014 stock shock should fit and only 60 on ebay $, do you thimk it will work? ohlins option is du737 at 540 but reviews are not that great

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
race tech recommend TWICE stiffer spring! but online everybody say bike should have stiff stock springs to accommodate 2 riders.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Stock setup is usually a progressive setup. I’m not sure what it is on your particular bike but that’s how manufacturers get away with it. The farther you push the bike in it’s stroke, the stiffer the rate gets.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Did new springs and valves in forks, hard to say im happy because now under accel bike lifts front wheel little bit and very easy to get tank slapper. also at straightaways on trackday front end doesnt feel planted, never wanted steering damper so bad at 100mph)))). much better on braking tho,

looks like ill have to find budget solution for rear shock to be able to adjust compression.

r1 very similar. just bottom eyelet is wider. anybody know how to take this bushing apart????

also shock is going to be upside down with stiffer spring i guess.

looks like its not possible to make r1 shock more narrow at the end because it has bearings not bushings at both ends( will try 848/1098/1198 shock

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts