Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting better throttle response and better pull from touring mode's throttle map; really nice linear calibration, feels just right. Like it a lot. But sport seems to try to squirt too much too soon or something... almost like it bogs itself a bit. Odometer at about 1200 miles (1900 km). New to the DVT but not to the Multi-- put 21,000 miles (34,000 km) on my '13.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
Getting better throttle response and better pull from touring mode's throttle map; really nice linear calibration, feels just right. Like it a lot. But sport seems to try to squirt too much too soon or something... almost like it bogs itself a bit. Odometer at about 1200 miles (1900 km). New to the DVT but not to the Multi-- put 21,000 miles (34,000 km) on my '13.
Wasn't on the 15. The bike did loosen up and start feeling a bit stronger as things 'got settled in', but touring mode never felt stronger than sport mode.

·
Registered
96 Posts
When I purchased my DVT the sales person emphasized the importance of the 600 mile service. At the time time I was told they change out the break in fluids and adjust the computer. I never bothered asking what changes were made. During the break in period I never exceeded the recommended RPMs so I never noticed a difference. And then I upgraded the full exhaust.
Have your dealer check the mapping cause there has been a few updates on it. Also the stock power engine setting for touring mode is less than sports mode. You can check and make changes yourself in the mode settings.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Also the stock power engine setting for touring mode is less than sports mode. You can check and make changes yourself in the mode settings.
No, there are only two power levels available, 160hp and 100hp. The default setup for touring and sport is 160hp for both. The difference is in the throttle mapping; the touring mode throttle map opens more slowly initially.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
This is a page from my 2015 Owners Manual. Note the different power settings. Don't know if it changed on the 2016's.

(Not sure if a PDF or JPG would show up better so I attached both)
It's worth adding that 'medium' setting is still 160hp... it's just that the throttle response is much softer.

So if your bike is at default settings, then both touring and sport modes have the same amount of power on tap... but the power comes on harder in sport mode (you can get the same response in touring mode by twisting faster I'm guessing).

It's only the low setting that drops power to about 100hp (very close since at 100 the bike accelerates VERY similarly to my Tiger which also has about 100.

I'm always gentle with bikes that have under 600 miles on them (even test riding)... but with the MTS there's nothing forcing you to be, you can hammer it if you want to. I've had motorcycle guys tell me the break in period is BS and that bikes that are ridden hard from the start do just as well as those 'broken in'. They may be right but since Ducati told me to do it one way... that's how I did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts