Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's some pretty entertaining reading.:D

Amazing how many "experts" pop out of the woodwork to jump on a guy's case, just cause he has an actual rare bike they only wish they had!

·
Registered
343 Posts
What the hell - if a guy has the opportunity to make a few bucks on a bike, why begrudge him? You take whatever the market will bear. Whoever buys the bike does so willingly.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Ok, I spent a few mins reading that. I must say , I felt stupid for wasting a few minutes reading it...other then I think it include one example of every way possible not to run a thread.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey

Hey Chuckracer.... I cant help but think you are a happy guy because of your avatar. I kinda smile because of it. Even if you told someone to go ..... themselves, I still couldn't be mad!

·
Registered
210 Posts
wow...I bought my current bike last year for 3500. I'm praying I get 3k when I sell it in the winter...

But maybe I should take this guys approach and ask for 5750 :)

I'm sure I can come up with many reasons why I should ask for and deserve 5750, right? I mean...look at this guy! :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Look at it this way. Wife wants him to buy a "new" bigger house, and if he sold the bike he'd have the money. OK, sure. Put it up for a ridiculous price...Gee, it didnt sell.....not that I would ever do anything like that.....of course not.....it just didnt sell........

·
Registered
551 Posts
wow...I bought my current bike last year for 3500. I'm praying I get 3k when I sell it in the winter...

But maybe I should take this guys approach and ask for 5750 :)

I'm sure I can come up with many reasons why I should ask for and deserve 5750, right? I mean...look at this guy! :D
Actually, you could probably get just about what you bought it for, believe me. Maybe more. Those little EX 250's sell like hot cakes, and dealers will run out by the end of the year (see: law of supply/demand). Don't sell yourself short when you turn it over to a new owner, futureduc. The Ninja 250 has an amazing retention of value. Look at the 650cc Hawk GT Honda. People are selling those for more than they retailed for new and have been for years. Are they crooks? The rant below isn't directed at you, futureduc, but maybe there are some principles here that will help you get closer to your dream bike, like they did for me, and I hope they do for you as well.

As far as the 998R guy, he can ask what he wants. I don't have to like it but I'm not going to be offended by it. I SHOW I DON'T LIKE IT BY NOT BUYING IT AT THAT PRICE AND AM FREE TO DO SO, not by bitching about it on the 'net and hurting his chances of making a buck. You know if I just won a substantial amount in the lottery, I would think that $24K is a pittance for such a bad ass bike, and I think that $9k of profit is pretty shrewd on the sellers part. Do folks have such a lack of understanding of a free market like we live in? Is capitalism really so hated by folks that simultaneously revel in all it has to offer?

You know that whole thread makes it seem like he "ripped off" the guy he bought that bike from for $15K by asking $24K for it months down the road, and that it can't be worth that much ever. Please.

That guy sold it to him for as much as he needed to give up the keys at the time, and if he sold it for under market value it is his fault. PERIOD. Nobody held a gun to his head. I'm tired of this prevailing attitude lately that someone who makes a profit is a criminal. People constantly engage in transactions for products and services for what they feel they are worth to each party, the valuation of which is set by each at the conclusion of the transaction, without coercion by anyone but market forces and FREE WILL.

So all foul language and name calling aside, the end result of that thread is that the seller cannot now easily sell his bike out in the open in that marketplace, without the buyer artificially feeling like he is overpaying and the seller unfairly looking like a crook, BECAUSE A THIRD PARTY DIDN'T LIKE IT. There may have been several people who thought that bike is worth his asking price. Is this where we live now?

RANT!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Actually, you could probably get just about what you bought it for, believe me. Maybe more. Those little EX 250's sell like hot cakes, and dealers will run out by the end of the year (see: law of supply/demand). Don't sell yourself short when you turn it over to a new owner, futureduc. The Ninja 250 has an amazing retention of value. Look at the 650cc Hawk GT Honda. People are selling those for more than they retailed for new and have been for years. Are they crooks? The rant below isn't directed at you, futureduc, but maybe there are some principles here that will help you get closer to your dream bike, like they did for me, and I hope they do for you as well.

As far as the 998R guy, he can ask what he wants. I don't have to like it but I'm not going to be offended by it. I SHOW I DON'T LIKE IT BY NOT BUYING IT AT THAT PRICE AND AM FREE TO DO SO, not by bitching about it on the 'net and hurting his chances of making a buck. You know if I just won a substantial amount in the lottery, I would think that $24K is a pittance for such a bad ass bike, and I think that $9k of profit is pretty shrewd on the sellers part. Do folks have such a lack of understanding of a free market like we live in? Is capitalism really so hated by folks that simultaneously revel in all it has to offer?

You know that whole thread makes it seem like he "ripped off" the guy he bought that bike from for $15K by asking $24K for it months down the road, and that it can't be worth that much ever. Please.

That guy sold it to him for as much as he needed to give up the keys at the time, and if he sold it for under market value it is his fault. PERIOD. Nobody held a gun to his head. I'm tired of this prevailing attitude lately that someone who makes a profit is a criminal. People constantly engage in transactions for products and services for what they feel they are worth to each party, the valuation of which is set by each at the conclusion of the transaction, without coercion by anyone but market forces and FREE WILL.

So all foul language and name calling aside, the end result of that thread is that the seller cannot now easily sell his bike out in the open in that marketplace, without the buyer artificially feeling like he is overpaying and the seller unfairly looking like a crook, BECAUSE A THIRD PARTY DIDN'T LIKE IT. There may have been several people who thought that bike is worth his asking price. Is this where we live now?

RANT!
I would like to agree...if this guy can sell it for 24k, or even a dollar over 15k, then he sure deserves every penny. What I didn't like was the attitude that came with his capitalist free-willed ideas.

I enjoy giving my money to businesses and goods/services that treat me with respect...I'll actually go out of my way (probably passing two other Ducati dealerships) and pay a little extra for outstanding customer service and I think there's something to be said about that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very well said twowheelcossack.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Administrator
12,567 Posts
what a douche nozzle SPS is. I still think he re-registered under a different name here on ducati.ms.
I have a friendly attitude, thick skin and high tolerance but that guy is a douche. He has re-registered on here several times that I have caught and banned but I am sure you are right that he has slid under the radar and is lurking around.
I don't care what he sells his bike for, we just won't be seeing it for sale here. ;)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Yea I thought he had gotten kicked by a mule at one point.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
It feels like I'm a member of the ACLU defending a Nazi.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That whole thread is filled with a bunch of dummies.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.