Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a slip on exhaust around the same time I do my 30k mile service, and potentially also the Leo Vince De Cat pipes. I know with the decat pipes a tune will be needed, but will I need a tune if I just do the slip-on?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
You will not know for sure until you install whatever set of slip-on's you are thinking about using, --You never said what slip-on's. That would probably be good info for someone to know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha. Most likely the Akropovic one! It seems like a great deal through AMS Ducati for under $900.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The MTS has all of the muffling & Cat handle before the "Slip-on". without the de-cat you will only change the look.

t_bare

Reactions: Waccou

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The MTS has all of the muffling & Cat handle before the "Slip-on". without the de-cat you will only change the look.

t_bare
Gotcha. Bummer. Sounds like this just got more expensive! Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts

t_bare
Yeah I think you are right. I put the Termi slip in on mine and didn’t change much but the sound a bit. The computer is pretty smart and over time it retrains the fuel mixture based on the O2 sensor data and temp. Really don’t need a retune for one of those slip-ons

1 - 6 of 6 Posts