Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use this site to purchase a bike. They have a 1098 for $4k... Seems too good to be true. Could the bike be stolen??? Or do you tink its legit?

http://www.oodle.com/vehicle/motorcycle/-/condition_used/make_ducati/

I'm looking to buy a pre-owned bike, and want to deal with a credible spot. Been using craigslist and cycletrader as my sources.

What do you guys think?

I'm looking for a Yellow 999s or Yellow 749s

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Sounds like bullshit to me, but if you do something, pay with paypal or something that will back you up.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Probably just forgot a "1" before the "4". A bunch of bikes look fishy with the pricing though. There's a couple others for 4,000 and odd prices.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sounds like bullshit to me, but if you do something, pay with paypal or something that will back you up.

Paypal's "protection" is worthless. They won't back you up. Ask me how I know. And the insult they add to the injury? They'll even keep the fee they got on the bogus transaction.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Paypal's "protection" is worthless. They won't back you up. Ask me how I know. And the insult they add to the injury? They'll even keep the fee they got on the bogus transaction.
That's not my experience. They snagged my purchase money back from a seller who didn't live up to their committment.... although it was only $600.00 or so.

·
If you ain't first, you're last!
834 Posts
2003 Ducati Superbike 999s
$4,000

ill take 2 please :think:

·
Registered
442 Posts
LOL Go pick it up and tell us what you find............:crazy::crazy::crazy:

It's like waiting for the stimulus check in the mail........:crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
729 Posts
This kind of crap is all over Oodle. The moderators do a really crappy job of policing it. Dont waste your time and get suckered in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just send me $5000.00, I'll send you back a check for $2,000.00 and a 999R 3 or 4 weeks later. Oh yea, I'm in Russia for work now so please send it there....cash only....:)

·
Administrator
12,567 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So stay away from craigslist???

Beware of that site! In fact don't even go on it. So many scam artist and liars are on it. just like craigslist.
I thought I read from several people over different post that craigslist was legit? WOW

1 - 20 of 24 Posts