Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the new "iphone life" mag. I found an app. OmniTuner I need some one to try, http://mauvilasoftware.com/iphone/ There is a small mic that will plug into the earphone jack from USBfeaver.com , it needs a driver app like Italk recorder, Easy Recorder, to run. I'm lusting for a Ipod touch but need to upgrade my 'puter first with USB 2 capabilities. I'm currently running a Korg tuner with a transducer but it doesn't display the frequency real time. I haven't found a tuner app for my Tibook '01 that will read frequencies real time either.:(

·
Mr Leakered
8,815 Posts
The Enable tuner was to only one that I found which would pick up the signals well on my laptop:

http://enableencore.com/guitartuner.htm

You computer should be able to run this as an emulation, right? It does have a free trial.

One caution was that this guy uses a third party for billing and my card number was stolen soon after this purchase. It was the only recent 'net purchase at the time. So, if you do buy it, please use a very secure method.

For compactness, it would be cool to use the wife's iPhone, but I am happy with this tuner (and have some deep seeded Apple hate ;) ).

Have a good one.

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 'puter will boot to OS9, best on OS10, but not to MS, and needs an aftermarket sound input device via USB 1. I downloaded Audacity as posted in Hypers thread.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Just go down to your local band store and buy one of the any number of tuners available. They avaerage around $20. Konig, Sabine, etc...all good stuff.

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Korg tuner will not show frequency in real time. It will show when you hit a note that the tuner will read +- in a range. I have to tap the belt and get like an A2 then go up or down when it reads within this range, then on to the next note. I'm looking for the frequency that resonates at the first tap, what I'm calling "real time" in digital numbers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts